The Corset Diaries - Katie MacAlister

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookworm_Megan
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm-megan.html

The Corset Diaries - Katie MacAlister

Post by Bookworm_Megan »

I thought this book was great! It skillfully intertwined the modern day with Victorian times, through a TV show. I loved the "skinny-challenged" character of Tessa who was funny and flirty. I love books about Victorian ladies and anything around that era but sometimes the expectations and behavior of the time annoy me. This book solved all that. The characters had modern opinion and beliefs but were expected to behave as the Victorians would (although this didn't always happen :wink: ). The character of Max was simply delicious, a perfect Duke :) The involvement of crew members in the story line made it even more interesting and reminded us that it wasn't a stuffy old Victorian novel.

Unfortunately, like with most books there was a couple of downsides. For me the main one was the character of Melody. She was rude, ignorant, childish and an all-round unpleasant character. Secondly, was the fact it was only told through Tessa's perspective. Yes it is in diary form but a mix in of other point of views would have been interesting.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”