Official Review: My Love is Blind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
catesschwark
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: East of Eden
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catesschwark.html
Latest Review: "The Littlefield Chronicels" by Tegon Maus

Official Review: My Love is Blind

Post by catesschwark »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Love is Blind" by Zahra Habib.]

A whirlwind romance turns to heartache as Brooke arrives home from a business trip to find her fiancé Harris is gone. Was it her, has he changed his mind, or is there something more to the story? Filled with desperation, love, and commitment, My Love is Blind, by Hiba Khan is an instant hit.

Brooke is a loveable woman, who is strong and successful. She is practical, engaging, and very determined. Her perseverance to find Harris is admirable. Harris, likewise, is a self-confident aspiring photographer, filled with optimism and love. It is obvious that their love for each other is nothing but genuine and endearing. When Brooke discovers the love of her life missing, she is devastated, but convinced he would not leave unless something had happened. With little support from her friends, Brooke sets off to unravel the mysteries of his departure. All Brooke has is a note saying he is sorry and that he has returned to his home country Pakistan. With nothing to go on but his name, his brother’s work place, and the location of his home town, Brooke sets off to find him, convinced there is something more to the story. What Brooke finds is shocking, and only brings about more questions.

The story takes us through all of the emotions of true, pure love and the endurance it takes to survive when obstacles challenge your relationship. When reading this book, the reader is thrown into Brooke’s devastation and you find yourself encouraging her, telling her not to give up. It is a love that anyone would wish to have, and the story demonstrates the lengths one goes to for something they truly believe in.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The story is beautifully written with rich, raw emotion. The reader fully connects with Brooke, and can feel what she is feeling. However, it was not the best book I have ever read, romantic or otherwise, which is why I think it is a deserving of a 3 as opposed to a 2 or 4.

My Love is Blind is a lovely book to read on a nice quiet day. If you enjoy nice, clean romances that are a quick read, then this book is a must. Khan has truly captured the essence of human emotion, and this book can only be described as a great success.

Review Written by Cates Schwark

View My Love is Blind on Amazon
hibakhan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hibakhan »

Thank you so much Cates Schwark - I have a question, if I were to ask you to rate the book from 5 stars, would you give it 4 or 3?

Once again, thank you!
Hiba
catesschwark

Post by catesschwark »

I love your writing! I think I would give it a 3.5 or 4. The ONLY reason why I wouldn't rate it higher is because it's not stimulating enough. It's left me thinking about love, marriage, and devotion, which is what every good book should do - leave you wanting more and forcing you to think! I can't wait to read your other book, Opposites Attract!
hibakhan

Post by hibakhan »

Hi,

Thank you for replying and the feedback is much appreciated. I'll keep those points in my mind as well.

My other book is there on indireads. If you want i can submit it to you specifically for review, I did submit that novel here as well for a review but dont know who picked it up.

Thanks again!
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

catesschwark wrote: ....A whirlwind romance turns to heartache as Brooke arrives home from a business trip to find her fiancé Harris is gone.....Filled with desperation, love, and commitment, My Love is Blind, by Hiba Khan is an instant hit.

.....When Brooke discovers the love of her life missing, she is devastated, but convinced he would not leave unless something had happened.....What Brooke finds is shocking, and only brings about more questions.

The story takes us through all of the emotions of true, pure love and the endurance it takes to survive when obstacles challenge your relationship. When reading this book, the reader is thrown into Brooke’s devastation.....

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The story is beautifully written with rich, raw emotion.

My Love is Blind is a lovely book to read on a nice quiet day. If you enjoy nice, clean romances that are a quick read, then this book is a must. Khan has truly captured the essence of human emotion.....
Your review is eloquent and nicely put together but I'm finding it difficult to align the words 'devastated', 'shocking' 'pure love' and 'raw emotion' with your final comment about 'nice clean romances' and 'a quick read'. I think it lowers the tone and indicates to me that it's just another run-of-the-mill romance.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
hibakhan

Post by hibakhan »

Hello Maud Fitch,

Would you like to review this novel? I am open to criticism and would like a feedback as you see it.

Regards
catesschwark

Post by catesschwark »

Maud Fitch wrote:
catesschwark wrote:

Your review is eloquent and nicely put together but I'm finding it difficult to align the words 'devastated', 'shocking' 'pure love' and 'raw emotion' with your final comment about 'nice clean romances' and 'a quick read'. I think it lowers the tone and indicates to me that it's just another run-of-the-mill romance.
Hi Maud, I would say it is another run-of-the-mill romance, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Yes, it was a bit predictable, but I didn't find it boring. It was different than most romances I have read in that there seemed to be a lovely innocence about the characters - which is why I would describe it as "clean". I think because I have been through a relationship loss, I was able to relate to the main character and I remember feeling devastated and full of raw emotion. It's not the most thought provoking book I have ever read, but it made me feel good about love and commitment to your partner. I think it was a great example of a real love, not a romantic one that is depicted most of the time. Does that explain it better, or do you still feel the same? Thanks for your feedback!!

-- 12 Jun 2013, 07:44 --
hibakhan wrote:Hi,

Thank you for replying and the feedback is much appreciated. I'll keep those points in my mind as well.

My other book is there on indireads. If you want i can submit it to you specifically for review, I did submit that novel here as well for a review but dont know who picked it up.

Thanks again!
Hi Hiba! I was the one who selected your book for review, but there was something wrong with the upload. I am currently reviewing a different book, but when I'm through if you still need someone I would be more than happy to review yours! I think I will read it regardless. I am intrigued by the synopsis.
hibakhan

Post by hibakhan »

I will upload it one again! Which format were you experiencing a glitch with?
Kimberly_2000

Post by Kimberly_2000 »

At first, in the beginning I didn't think it was that interesting, but when I started to read more I actually got into it, and I think it isvvery interesting.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”