The Mortal Instuments

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wenduta
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Mortal Instuments

Post by Wenduta »

Has anyone here read any of the books from the Mortal Instruments series?
maryhadalittlebook

Post by maryhadalittlebook »

I've read the first one. Heard it's becoming a movie.
Zepher07
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: Alices Adventures in Wonderland
Currently Reading: The Hound of the Baskervilles
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by Zepher07 »

I've read the first two and I have the third. I really liked them and found them intruiging. And yeah it is becoming a movie. There are several YA fantasy books that are currently in the movie mix, so I'm going to be looking forward to the next couple of years. Iope they all come to fruition and are done well.
paige742698

Post by paige742698 »

Does anyone else think that the first three books in this series are the best books EVER but that the ones after that are so terrible its hard to believe the same person wrote them? I was so disapointed when the 4th one came out and it wasn't good. I had such high expectations after the first three. If any of you arent that far in the series yet, I advise you to stop at the third book even though it might not be the ending you want.
A24

Post by A24 »

I did read the first 4 of the series but wasn't jumping to get the 5th one when it came out. I agree that the first 3 were so much better. I got a bit tired of all the demons and had to put the series aside. Perhaps one day I will finish.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
Christis1231

Post by Christis1231 »

I actully just orderd all 5 book. I keep getting them recommend to me so i fiured i would give them a shot. I must admit.. i was kind of bummed to see that the final book of this series dosent come out until march of 2014... I generally make it a rule to not read a trilogy or series unless it is complete... I have issues with waiting :)
rekha123

Post by rekha123 »

Heard of it...what's its about?
tabithabwilson

Post by tabithabwilson »

Loved them!
dantier27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dantier27.html

Post by dantier27 »

A24 wrote:I did read the first 4 of the series but wasn't jumping to get the 5th one when it came out. I agree that the first 3 were so much better. I got a bit tired of all the demons and had to put the series aside. Perhaps one day I will finish.
I'm the same! Loved the first the then, since the fourth, I haven't been able to motivate myself to read the fifth! They've become very dragged out I think. Originally I loved the story line as it was very original but they definitely haven't been as good since the first few! I will finish it out someday but I'm not too worried about if I don't.
SadMangaGirl

Post by SadMangaGirl »

read all of them and the infernal devises and LOVE them to bits. My sister and I love them. Were even thinking about going to one of the geek conventions cosplayed as some of the characters. LOL we are looking forward to the movie.
BriBaby

Post by BriBaby »

I read the first three and have been struggling through book four. The forth book confused me and i wasn't liking as much as the first three. I really like the series so now that book five is out, I plan to finish it.
adrienneosuna

Post by adrienneosuna »

I read the first one, and I was disappointed. For all the hype I thought it would be better, but I felt like there was just one conflict after another with out resolving the previous one. :cry:
Cll92814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cll92814.html

Post by Cll92814 »

I loved this series. I do agree the first 3 books were the best. Book 4 depressed me to no end & it was terribly hard to pick up book 5 after, but over all it was a good series & I can't wait for the last installment!
Raj Marwaha

Post by Raj Marwaha »

It was actually a really good series! I picked it up after a recommendation from a mate but was a bit sceptical after the first book kind of reeked of star wars and the whole idea of demon hunting seemed like the lovechild of Buffy the vampire and skulduggery pleasant. But the books did get better and there's a lot of character development that you can relate to as a teenager in a weird way :")
JBeth

Post by JBeth »

I am a big fan of The Mortal Instruments series. I have read the series several times. In fact, due to the City of Bones movie just being released I have been tempted to read them again.

The author, Cassandra Clare, truly has a gift. Despite the fact that the series is for a young adult audience, I find myself being pulled into the story and invested in the well-being of it's characters.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”