The Mortal Instuments

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
marie2201734
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie2201734.html

Re: The Mortal Instuments

Post by marie2201734 »

The Mortal Instruments series are a good read. I found them to be well written and interesting. This series has a story plot that we haven't seen much of. I think that they characters are well developed. I also feel that this book was extremely well rounded to different readers. There is romance, suspense, and action. There are many surprises, and this series will keep you on your toes, and waiting for the next book. Well written, would suggest to many people.
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

Thanks for the posts I have been thinking about reading this series although got put off after the film as it was pretty rubbish. Will check out the books now though as it seems the film may have let them down
BookLover7

Post by BookLover7 »

Yes do, let us know if you like them.
Wonderwoman7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderwoman7.html

Post by Wonderwoman7 »

I have read the entire series 4 times and i still like reading it! I am just so enamoured with it and JACE!!! If you havent read it, you need to right now
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I thought the first three books were fantastic, so of course, I had to read the next two, not so fantastic. However, not so bad that I won't get the sixth and final installment when it is released. The Clockwork trilogy by Clare, which is a prequel to the Mortal Instruments, is even more fantastic than the first three City of books. I loved them so much that I have already re-read them twice. And I am interested in the series on Magnus Bane that has been released in e-book format, but have not gotten around to reading it as
of yet.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Rachael_dd

Post by Rachael_dd »

I had never read the books but i had nothing but good reviews about them, so i went and got the first one from my local library and I LOVED IT!!!
Lhall22
Favorite Author: Sue Grafton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhall22.html
fav_author_id: 3282

Post by Lhall22 »

I really like this series. It's easy to read, and has really interesting characters and a pretty good plot. I look forward to the next book!
MaiMccoy96

Post by MaiMccoy96 »

I've read all five of the books in the mortal instruments series and fell in love with the author Cassandra Clare because of her highly detailed chapters and perfectly created characters.
The movie city of bones was highly disappointing when the movie did not match what i had imagined when i had read the books.
The cast for the characters was not at all of what i pictured and ultimately did not match the personalities of the characters in the book.
jazzybear
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The Mortal Insruments City of Glass
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzybear.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by jazzybear »

I have read all of the ones out! It is my favorite book series. I pre-ordered the one that comes out in May.
GBPhoenix17
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Ashes
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbphoenix17.html
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by GBPhoenix17 »

I have read the first three books so far and I'm on the 4th one right now. I was recommended City of Bones by a friend and half way through, I liked it so much that I bought the other four that are out right now and pre-ordered the last one. I've missed a few of my classes just because I didn't want stop reading. Great series and very well written!!
Lady_Delish
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-delish.html

Post by Lady_Delish »

At first I was drawn to this series by the beautiful covers, but it took a long time to borrow the first one from a friend and read it. It surely was something different and rather exciting but it didn't make me jump right to the second one. Then they made a movie and I though that it would be a really good way to refresh my memory about the story and continue to the second book. Although I wasn't very pleased with the cast for the main characters, I liked the movie pretty much and I can't wait for the next one! After that I read the next 3 books in one breath, I even got so addicted that I stayed up to 5 o'clock in the morning. I've heard a lot of people complaining that after book 3, the story got worse, but I can't see what they mean. I think it is very dynamic and constantly evolving - yes, the characters could be annoying from time to time, but who isn't?... :roll: Now I am really looking forward to the next ones, and in the meantime I am going to read The Infernal devices and The Bane Chronicles.
GBPhoenix17
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Ashes
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbphoenix17.html
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by GBPhoenix17 »

I agree that the story is definitely still interesting after book 3. But am I the only one who wishes that Clary does not keep with Jace? Also, really looking forwards to the Dark Artificies. And TLH even though the estimated release date is 2018....
Sim P
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sim-p.html

Post by Sim P »

I love TMI. The series is my favourite. Cassandra Clare is my favourite author too,so yeah, I love all her books!!
DaniBookworm22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danibookworm22.html

Post by DaniBookworm22 »

I have not personally read these books, but my sister is obsessed with them. I watched the movie for the first book and I really liked it. My sister kept me updated throughout the books and they seem to be well written and have a good plot.
jmjennings14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmjennings14.html

Post by jmjennings14 »

I read the first 3 books and they were just "ok." Personally, I wouldn't recommend them to my friends. The characters just weren't that engaging and the plot lines were getting out of hand. I think that if Clare would have stopped at book 3 I would like them more but I think that she was really attached to her characters and just didn't know when to stop and that ruined it for me.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”