The Mortal Instuments

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sbanks147
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbanks147.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Re: The Mortal Instuments

Post by sbanks147 »

I agree that the first three books were the best. I read all of them, but I noticed the last two I wasn't flying through like I did with the other ones. Has anyone seen the movie yet ?
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Post by Enigma »

I loved both of Cassandra's series Infernal devices was my fav. Hoping to see the movie this week.
:-)
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
heatherprzybyla
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

I read them all. I enjoyed them, had a hard time putting them down.
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

I absolutely loved the first trilogy of The Mortal Instruments, and haven't really cared much for the books after. Books four and five felt like money-grabbing ploys, and that really turned me off her writing.
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta
bsaples89

Post by bsaples89 »

Cassandra Clare is the author of a great series, The Mortal Instruments! If you love comedy, romance and fighting demons these books are for you! The books might seem long but youre in for an adventure as soon as you pick up the books! If you read and liked the Percy Jackson series you might also enjoy this series
Jon-Ross
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings and World War Z
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jon-ross.html

Post by Jon-Ross »

I do not have the series, but I will be purchasing them soon.
Brexen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brexen.html

Post by Brexen »

ABSOLUTELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOK SERIES! I serious love this series and the off-series so much! Clare is just such a great writer and really drags you into the book so well! I also felt while i was reading the book it would be a great movie and i guess that the movie turned out decent, but when you have to fight with a book as good as this it is expected to not be as good!!
miannoco

Post by miannoco »

Not liked it! Personally found it not original, rather a recycle of figures and themes already seen before
anymousbookworm

Post by anymousbookworm »

The Mortal Instruments is a very intriguing series, The first 3 books had me flipping the pages so fast I got paper cuts. The longer the series the harder it is to keep the reader interested and Cassandra Clare has down a great job so far. Though it is true that the books following the third were not as exciting, Clare managed to keep the story flowing. I would recommend this series to any and all who are looking for a page turner.
Kalamazoo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalamazoo.html

Post by Kalamazoo »

I tried the first book and didn't care for it at all. I ended up giving up after reading over half of the book. I heard that the author was known for writing Harry Potter fan-fiction and that the Mortal Instruments were similar to her "Draco Trilogy," and a friend recommended it, so I expected to like it. I was very disappointed.
Sheila Rawlings

Post by Sheila Rawlings »

I have just read book 5 of The Mortal Instruments after completing the previous four books. I have now pre-ordered book 6 and can’t wait for it to be released. I was thoroughly drawn into the world of the Shadowhunters and each book left me wanting more. I’ve ordered the film and hope it doesn’t disappoint as so many film versions of books can do.

I also read the prequel series – The Infernal Devices Trilogy (Clockwork Angel, Prince and Princess) – which was every bit as engaging. I can thoroughly recommend these books too.
professors_wife
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-professors-wife.html

Post by professors_wife »

I have read the whole series with the exception of the final book obviously since it has not yet been released. I am a major "book geek" when it comes to a popular young adult series so I had to give this one a try. The first book was a lot of information to consume in the beginning and I had to keep flipping around to remind myself what all of the terms meant. I felt that it got better as the books went along and the reader was sucked even further into their world. My favorite character is Simon, hands down.
mbeasley
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbeasley.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mbeasley »

I just finished the first book and am halfway through the 2nd now. I'm really enjoying them so far.
ToniLynnLupton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

I started on the first book but it has not been interesting enough for me to finish it...
BookLover7

Post by BookLover7 »

I have read the first two books and I really liked them. It's a great world to get lost in I highly recommend the series. As far as the movie goes I think that the casting fits, on a visual level, but I really didn't like the actor who plays Jace. He looks like Jace, but he doesn't have the same cocky-swagger that the character does in the book. This might just be me, does anyone else agree?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”