Romantic Comedies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
writerworld
Bookshelf Size: 0

Romantic Comedies

Post by writerworld »

:D Jennifer Echols
Romantic Comedies
The Ex Games

Nick and Hayden dated back in the seventh grade but broke up because she found out about a bet he had going. Now in the eleventh grade their friends are dating each other and they want them to get back together. Hayden though is not so sure of this because of what happened. During Christmas break everyone is up in the mountains doing some skiing and when Nick and Hayden come face to face and get into an argument over who is better well it turns into a battle of the sexes on the slopes. Soon everyone finds out about this and put in there bets on who is going to win as well as if they are going to get back together. Will this bet tear them apart or bring them closer together?
Loved reading this book such a great and enjoying read. A read for if you want to laugh or just looking for some romance this is the book to read. She loves Nick this is for sure but is afraid of what might actually happen. She doesn't want to lose her heart to him once again, but this time around their ready for one another they just need to figure some things out first before anything can happen. Love the sibling bond here between Hayden and Josh her little brother who just loves to torture her he writes "boy toy" on his jeans and she actually wears them. 8)
lorenadc_06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorenadc-06.html

Post by lorenadc_06 »

I think you will like Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.
I know the name is a little suggestive, although they do talk about sex and there is some of that later in the book. You'll find yourself laughing out loud when reading the book.
tammy_waggoner31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammy-waggoner31.html

Post by tammy_waggoner31 »

"A Man for the Summer" by Ruby Laska is hilarious! I was laughing so loud that my roommates kept giving me the evil eye. It's also a free book on amazon, which means there is no gamble. If you don't like it simply stop reading. It's also a short read (under 200 pages) so it won't take you long it get through.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

The Fortune Hunter by Diane Farr

The Highwayman Of Tanglewood

It Had to Be You (Palisades Pure Romance) by Linda Windsor

Fiesta Moon (The Moonstruck Series, Book 2) by Linda Windsor

the Texas Hill Country series by Lisa Wingate
Texas Cooking (Texas Hill Country Series #1)
Lone Star Cafe (Texas Hill Country, Book 2)
Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country Series #3)

A Texas Sky (Yellow Rose Trilogy) by Lori Wick
Every Little Thing About You (Yellow Rose Trilogy) by Lori Wick
City Girl (A Yellow Rose Trilogy #3) by Lori Wick

The Peacemaker (Men of the Saddle #1) by Lori Copeland

Boo (The Boo Series #1) by Rene Gutteridge
Boo Who (The Boo Series #2)
Boo Hiss (The Boo Series #3)
Boo Humbug (The Boo Series #4)

The Rose Legacy (Diamond of the Rockies) by Kristen Heitzmann
Sweet Boundless (Diamond of the Rockies) by Kristen Heitzmann
The Tender Vine (Diamond of the Rockies #3) by Kristen Heitzmann

maryhadalittlebook

Post by maryhadalittlebook »

lorenadc_06 wrote:I think you will like Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.
I know the name is a little suggestive, although they do talk about sex and there is some of that later in the book. You'll find yourself laughing out loud when reading the book.
Wasn't that once Edward Wallbanger?
lorenadc_06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorenadc-06.html

Post by lorenadc_06 »

yep.. thats the one.
katc_1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katc-1.html

Post by katc_1 »

I really enjoy the writing style of Sophie Kinsella not only her " confessions of" series but her other wrings such as "Undomestic Goddess" is an original laugh out loud story that has a little bit of all of us in her characters. It is always nice when you can unwind and read a story that makes you smile and laugh at your own humanity sometimes.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Just posted on the thread "Men Are So Romantic" so decided to comment here, too. A new book 'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion is definitely a rom-com with the hero getting it all wrong. Also, anything written by P G Wodehouse fits into my definition of romantic English comedies.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
marissa_in
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-in.html

Post by marissa_in »

Eleanor and Park

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”