The Host

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mariedelune
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariedelune.html

The Host

Post by mariedelune »

Has anyone read "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer? I just seen it was going to be a movie, and I'm pretty pumped. In my opinion, it's written better than Twilight... what do you guys think?
levina
Favorite Author: Robert carrie
Favorite Book: suspect

Post by levina »

I don't know which one is batter but i like to read Stephenie Meyer novel "the Host" , because i like to role of main charterer wanda.

Thanks,
maryhadalittlebook

Post by maryhadalittlebook »

i've read maybe the first few chapters, couldn't get into it.
Rorabella

Post by Rorabella »

I liked it. I actually really like her writing and I think the movie franchise, love it or hate it, has maybe taken away a little from the fact that the girl actually has a really nice tone and genuinely good writing style. I found it the same with The Host. I think I do prefer Twilight because I'm generally never that into the 'alien' genre thing, but from a written perspective, I enjoyed it a lot and I'm certainly going to be reading whatever next project she comes out with.
paige742698

Post by paige742698 »

I liked it :) I read it more than once. Its interesting how there are sort of two main characters and the two are so different from each other. I havnt seen the movie yet but I think it will be amazing. I only regret that there isnt a little more action in the book so that more people would enjoy it too.
mkaynutty
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkaynutty.html

Post by mkaynutty »

I really enjoyed it, I also read it more than once. I think it's for an older audeience than Twilight. I haven't see nthe movie yet, only because I've heard horrible reviews, but then most of the people I heard the revies from haven't read the books so I don't they would fully grasp the concept of the movie.
MonieLove1228
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monielove1228.html
Latest Review: "Leap!" by Patrick Wheeler

Post by MonieLove1228 »

I bought the book about a year ago and haven't been able to get into. Although, it took me a couple of attempts to get into twilight and once I did I couldn't put it down until all 4 books were read. Im hoping the same will happen with the host.
Latest Review: "Leap!" by Patrick Wheeler
sophiagia10

Post by sophiagia10 »

Not sure how the movie is going to go, but the book was miles beyond what she wrote for Twilight. I actually enjoyed The Host.
rekha123

Post by rekha123 »

It's actually quite uninteresting to me.. but the movie was quite interesting...seems to be.. gotta watch it...
beckyd

Post by beckyd »

The host was an excellent book and i am looking forward to seeing the movie. I would like stephanie to write a sequal to The Host and more books in general.
CassiCox

Post by CassiCox »

I LOVED this book! I read and enjoyed the Twilight series, but this book was head and shoulders above that series. I am not sure how they will be able to capture this concept on film, but I will certainly see the movie. I loved the rounded nature of the characters- how they were not really either completely good or completely bad, and by the last fourth of the book, it was hard to decide who you were really rooting for and why.
angelaj
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelaj.html

Post by angelaj »

I also think the book was written better than Twilight was but I still couldn't get into either of them. I think the setting behind The Host is a lot more original and interesting than Twilight.
Katk1424

Post by Katk1424 »

I like them both. I thought the Host was surprisingly good considering that she had to follow the incredible success of Twilight which must have been daunting.
MandiKenendy
Favorite Book: Too many to list
Currently Reading: Dance with Dragons Part 1

Post by MandiKenendy »

I did not like Twilight really as I couldn't like any of the characters - thought they were all too moany. I gave the Host a chance though because I really like Science Fiction and was very pleasantly surprised. I really liked the story and thought the whole premise was very unique. I also found I could feel real empathy with the main characters.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis
joy[law]

Post by joy[law] »

I thought The Host was a great book! I saw the movie and it was Ok, of course the book is much better. I am looking forward to reading the sequels.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”