The Host

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Viviana_Ortiz
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viviana-ortiz.html

Re: The Host

Post by Viviana_Ortiz »

The host to me is a don't want to stop reading book about love, not only love as a couple, but love for the family and the human race. It makes you really think what are the truest valuable things in life are. So highly recommended for those who like to discover what makes us human and what love is capable of accomplishing.
parrazgloria
Favorite Author: Rick Roiden
Favorite Book: Heros of Olympus Series
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parrazgloria.html

Post by parrazgloria »

I have read the Twilight Saga and The Host. I enjoyed both books but I kind of got bored with Twilight Saga after the third book. I enjoyed The Host way better. It was more better and just planned out well I guess.
senny_bebii
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-senny-bebii.html

Post by senny_bebii »

The Host is one of my favourite books. :lol: I finished it withing a few days and oh my goodness. I was absolutely in love with it. It was so much better than the Twilight Saga. The Host is a great love story and it shows the most vauable things with in the soul... 8) and in life. :mrgreen:
AllisonRose

Post by AllisonRose »

Currently bought this book, and am re-reading it! So exctied. Def one of those books, you can just read and read and read again.
Norma_Rudolph
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4245">The Gift of Lies</a>
Currently Reading: Enchantment
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-norma-rudolph.html
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by Norma_Rudolph »

I enjoyed The Host better than Twilight as well. I have yet to watch the movie and see how they compare.
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

I really enjoyed The Host! I wasn't sure if I would, but a friend recommended it to me and I'm so glad she did! I'm hoping for those sequels to come out :)
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
gnewburn50
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnewburn50.html

Post by gnewburn50 »

Someone gave me the book also and I couldn't put it down. I really loved it! I did not think the movie they made of the book did it justice. I thought the movie was kind of lacking, I couldn't put my finger on what it was but it was not as exciting as the book.
blessedmommyof4kids

Post by blessedmommyof4kids »

We watched the movie and then found the book on the $1 shelf at the library...it's on my list after my daughter is finished with it. She beat me to it.
jovanovi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

Post by jovanovi »

I prefer The Host to Twilight. It felt more adult and dealt with life survival more than just a love story. I thought it was a cool concept. I've read the book a couple of times.
Teen-Librarian12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teen-librarian12.html

Post by Teen-Librarian12 »

The Host was better than Twilight! Great movie, great book. Not sure how the author will actually write more books on the series though, as she had intentions to, last I heard.
wanderingmuses
Favorite Author: Too many.
Favorite Book: Way too many.
Currently Reading: The Darkest Minds.
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanderingmuses.html

Post by wanderingmuses »

I absolutely adored this book. I couldn't put it down! The author did a much better job with this book than Twilight, in my opinion. The Host gave you so much to work with regarding love, family, community and it ended on such a good note. I was so upset with the movie because it cut out so much (as movies usually do) that it killed the vibe of the story. It's one of my favorite books and definitely a recommended read.
krekdrja
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krekdrja.html

Post by krekdrja »

I saw the movie first and loved it so I read the book. Then I realized that the moxie sucked in comparison. Watching the movie after having read the book was an entirely new experience and I was not as impressed that time around.
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

I actually loved the host much more than the Twilight Saga. It has a good, well written storyline. I've been waiting for the sequel forever. Come on Stephenie Myer!
lizzieclifton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzieclifton.html

Post by lizzieclifton »

I was surprised how much I liked this book because after I read twilight I didnt think it would be any good. Nice storyline, kept you interested, the ending was a little sappy but nice to have a happy ending for everyone.
mandysandy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandysandy.html

Post by mandysandy »

I thought that "The Host" was a great book. I noticed that someone said they read the first few chapters, but couldn't get into it.....I agree. I really had to push through the first few chapters, but once I got past them, I flew right through the book. I thought, of course, the book was better. It always is, right?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”