The Host

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Evilplaidkitten
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evilplaidkitten.html

Re: The Host

Post by Evilplaidkitten »

I agree about the book being more enjoyable. I just found out yesterday that she plans on writing two sequels and I don't know how I feel about that. I don't feel that the story needed one and she's just looking to run with the success from the movie.
mansu

Post by mansu »

yes.. i read it last year & loved it! :D .. but there can't be a comparison between "twilight series" & "the host"..
both belong to different genres.. while twilight is romance & young adult, the host belongs to the science-fiction category.. though both of them are really enthralling & very well written :)
Laugh while you still got teeth, you can smile later!
njgomez
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njgomez.html

Post by njgomez »

I read The Host, and yea movie was good also but for me it was one of those "book was better" cases. I actually enjoyed the romance better than the Edward-Bella relationship. And I saw someone said there was going to be a sequel???!! Really???
StephanieSarah

Post by StephanieSarah »

I like it also because I like the conflict between Melanie and Wanderer. I can just image all the emotions that both the host and the alien being would experience. I think it would dive me crazy with jealously that the man I loved was looking and wanting me but all I could do was watch and not be able to show or tell him that I loved without the aid of the alien who had invaded my body and took control of my life. I would not like that fact that when he kissed me that I would have to share all those feeling with the one entity that should be my biggest enemy. Although Melanie's body and life has been stolen, I feel bad for Wanderer. I think it would be confusing trying to figure out if the feelings that you are feeling are actually yours or the person who's body you have taken over. It was clear to me through the book that Wanderer had feelings for all four people that she was close I got the feeling that she loved both guys but she was truly in love with only one. By reading this book it made me wonder just how many people go through life loving more than one person and makes one stop and think about how the choices we make shape our future.
hojohojothomas

Post by hojohojothomas »

I just finished this book and I really enjoyed it. I have also read The Twilight Series and I don't know which of the two I like better. I think it is hard to compare because they are different genres. However, I did really enjoy The Host, it kept me on my toes and wanting to read for hours on end (which I did). Now, after finishing it I want to go see if the movie lives up to the book and I certainly hope it does!!
simplime
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplime.html
Latest Review: "Trick Or Treat Or Murder" by Nova Rose

Post by simplime »

The book was really good. The movie came off kind of cheesy and almost comical. I think it was just too hard to put the internal conversations on screen.
Latest Review: "Trick Or Treat Or Murder" by Nova Rose
The Bookaholic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookaholic.html
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill

Post by The Bookaholic »

I loved The Host, thought that it was a thousand times better then the twilight saga. I can't wait for the rest of the series to be written:-) however, i felt that the moviè of The Host was badly done.
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill
aneeha15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aneeha15.html

Post by aneeha15 »

The book is a great read but the movie doesn't do it justice
ladylioness
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Stand
Currently Reading: Wheel of Time book 4
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladylioness.html
Latest Review: "HOW TO KNOCK A BRAVEBIRD FROM HER PERCH" by D. BRYANT SIMMONS
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by ladylioness »

The book was way better than the movie. I dont have proper words to describe the movie, but it seems they dumbed it down or teeny-fied it for a pre-teen audience.
Latest Review: "HOW TO KNOCK A BRAVEBIRD FROM HER PERCH" by D. BRYANT SIMMONS
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I struggled with this book. I got through it although not a book I would re-read as took me a long time to get through. Felt like it had been written by a different author as the style seemed so different to Twilight.
Singnpink

Post by Singnpink »

I really enjoyed The Host. It was the book that set off my passion for reading! I enjoyed that it was your not so typical sci-fi book. It was about these type of Aliens or souls that come and take over Earth causing us to live in a perfect world. But of course there are those who fight back. The story takes off when one of the resistance gets captured and turned into one of the souls. This story has it all. The romance, action, and compelling story line. I recommend this book!
Wonderwoman7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderwoman7.html

Post by Wonderwoman7 »

The Host is Amazing!and yes i agree....its better than twilight :D
Lhall22
Favorite Author: Sue Grafton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhall22.html
fav_author_id: 3282

Post by Lhall22 »

I enjoyed this book so much better than Twilight. I can't wait for the sequel. I saw someone mention in an earlier post that she will write a sequel, so I hope she indeed goes through with it :)
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

I actually loved The Host. It started off slow, but I soon got very into the book. I prefer it over Twilight, I think. At one point, I thought it was going to be two more books to the series, but I guess not. I have read The Host twice and saw the movie a couple of times. The movie was not that good, but I do always like to see a book on film.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I haven't watched the movie but really enjoyed the book.
May have to hire it and see how the two compare.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”