The Host

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Re: The Host

Post by ALynnPowers »

I read the Host right when it came out! I would kind of like to read it again actually. I remember that I liked it a lot and was surprised because it wasn't what I expected -- it was better! I remember it being really clean (not smutty like I always see every time I pick up an "adult" book) and having a nice message. I can't remember the details though...
leila23
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leila23.html

Post by leila23 »

I read The Host book and watched the movie. I loved the book, the characters in it, the unique and controlling aliens, and the romance. The movie, however, was a different story. Movies are limited to a certain time limit, so it was understandable that they couldn't put every good scene from the book in the movie. I liked the movie, but it wasn't as good as the novel.

This is a Science Fiction novel, so it should be different than the Twilight series (a young adult novel). I thought it was more mature than the Twilight series, but I think that's because it is meant for a more mature audience. I think the maturity in Wanda and Melanie made me respect and like these characters. I also think this book was better written than the Twilight series. This book shows that Stephenie Meyer is an excellent Science Fiction writer. I hope that Stephenie Meyer writes more to this series or another Science Fiction novel. I look forward to reading it.
energizerabby
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by energizerabby »

I read the book before i knew about the movie, and found it much better than Meyer's Twilight Series...
cogarae
Currently Reading: Mary
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogarae.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cogarae »

I still have yet to read it but I want to because I love Stephanie Meyer (who doesn't?) And I wanna see the movie!
k8gladstone
Currently Reading: Hunt the Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k8gladstone.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by k8gladstone »

I have read this book 5 times now. I honestly had a hard time getting into it at first. The first few chapters just had a lot of information, Meyers was trying to set the stage for the bulk of the story and I got rather bored along the way. After the 2nd time through I just started after when wanda gets to the desert. But I digress. I love this book. I like how the characters come to know each other and Wanda is a fantastic protagonist
MatthewAlexander
Currently Reading: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthewalexander.html
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret

Post by MatthewAlexander »

I wasn't a fan of this book. I decided to read it only because I had read Twilight and found I couldn't get into it. It was just slow, slow, slow. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”