Official Review: Jagged Little Edges By Lorelei Rozzano

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
omshanti 1
Favorite Author: J K Rowling
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omshanti-1.html
Latest Review: "Jagged Little Edges" by Lorelie Rozzano

Official Review: Jagged Little Edges By Lorelei Rozzano

Post by omshanti 1 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jagged Little Edges" by Lorelie Rozzano.]
Book Cover for 2940016005133
Share This Review

I had the pleasure of reviewing the book Jagged Little Edges by Lorelei Rozzano. This is a fictional account of one girls struggle with addiction. It chronicles a teenager’s life spiraling out of control, her descent into addiction and self harm and how she got into recovery.

The book starts when the main character Lyndsey is 16. It gives us a background of how her dysfunctional family operates and the trouble Lyndsey is getting into as a reaction to living in her dysfunctional family. It is a vivid yet matter of fact account of drug and alcohol abuse, sexual and physical abuse and teen pregnancy.

In the second part of the book, Lyndsey is in her twenties and dealing with multiple addictions. It recounts how the addiction to alcohol and drugs is ruining her relationships, her financial life, and her mental health. She is working in a bar where it is all too easy to get alcohol and drugs and is living with a man who loves her but is a raving codependent, so is not mentally well himself. In the end it all becomes too much for Lyndsey, she ends up losing her lover, her home, her job and her self, and ends up trying to take her own life.

In the last part of the book we are shown how Lyndsey’s suicide attempt was actually the best thing that could have happened to her. It was a blessing in disguise because it got her the help she so desperately needed. By finding her way to a recovery program she is able to get her life back on track, hopefully for good.

As the child of an alcoholic myself, I found I could really relate to this book. I found myself going through a range of emotions while reading- anger at this girls lost childhood and the lack of love and attention she receives, disgust at some of her actions because of her low level of self esteem, sadness that so many families find themselves in this situation and don’t know how to get help so the cycle of abuse just keeps perpetuating itself, and in the end hope- hope that people will become more aware that there is help out there and they can change their life for the better.

There were some punctuation and grammar errors in the book so I would recommend it be edited and proofread, but I thought the author’s voice was clear and the book was well written and organized. I would definitely recommend this novel to others and gave it a 3 out of 4 star rating.

Buy "Jagged Little Edges" on Amazon
Buy "Jagged Little Edges" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Jagged Little Edges" by Lorelie Rozzano
xobookwormxo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by xobookwormxo »

Sounds like a interesting and thought provoking read, and reminds me a little of Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. I am going to have to give this one a try. Great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”