Offical Review: Just a Matter of Time by T. Michelle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
freehat5d
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freehat5d.html
Latest Review: "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" by Anne-Rae Vasquez

Offical Review: Just a Matter of Time by T. Michelle

Post by freehat5d »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Just a Matter of Time" by T. Michelle.]

The story starts off with a young girl named Rebecca who's unhappy with her life. She doesn't quite live up to the expectations her father and step mother have set for her and is constantly reminded of the fact.

Being a nature lover, she decides to go for a short hike. She soon realizes she has lost rack of time (as well as her car) and decided to head back home. She comes across a small farmhouse and meets some interesting people, but things take a turn for the strange when she finds out she's in the 1800's!

The book is very detailed in every aspect. The author goes to such great lengths to describe everything going on that you hardly have to this about the small details to picture the events unfolding in your head, leaving your attention to focus on the progressing story, Which is well worth following. While reading through the first few chapter I couldn't help but picture the characters and their actions in my head as they were being described.

I found the authors attention to detail to be a great tool in helping to picture and immerse yourself in the work the book lays out for you, but it was a bit much in some places. It seems that more time than necessary was spent on things besides progressing or building upon the story in a few spots, leaving certain parts dragging on a slight bit more than I felt they should. This is however, only my opinion. I tend to read fast paced books and short stories so the book may have only seemed a bit slow in comparison. Still a nice read. Nonetheless.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I was skeptical at first since this is not typically the kind of book I read, but I wanted a change of pace and was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was. It was an interesting approach to time travel, seeing Rebecca interact with Elias and Aurora without yet understanding what is happening while trying to rationalize the odd sights to herself. A great book to just pick up and read (or re-read) while enjoying a fun story in a colorful world.

View hassle-free sample of "Just a Matter of Time"
Latest Review: "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" by Anne-Rae Vasquez
maryjacqueline
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryjacqueline.html

Post by maryjacqueline »

This book was an interesting read. The beginning was a bit abrupt and jarring. The characters were suddenly thrust upon with no clear explanations about their background or relationships. But then the story starts clearing it up. The book is very descriptive, full of pictures of the countryside and the farm life. Some hints of the sexual attractions and magnetism between the modern girl and the farm man. Its definitely worthwhile reading the rest of the book.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice review! Books about time travel are usually not my taste, but your review made the subject sound so interesting. I do like books with a sense of place (or, in this case, two places!). I might have to check this one out.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”