Many Lives, Many Masters (by Brian Weiss)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anumalhotra
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anumalhotra.html

Many Lives, Many Masters (by Brian Weiss)

Post by Anumalhotra »

When my friend suggested this book to me, I had no idea that this book on rebirth is penned down by a psychiatrist, Brian Weiss!

He claims to have written the incidents as experienced by one of her patients, Catherine, who had been facing panic attacks, anxiety, failed relationships, and nightmares. As Weiss' initial therapy to treat her failed, he took to hypnosis as a new way of curing her. During the course of the treatment, Catherine starts recalling her past lives. Initially, the doctor is reluctant to believe her, but her elaborate descriptions of the past life incidents, and characters make him believe her.

Every time the doctor hypnotizes her, she goes back into one of her previous lives; tells him in detail about the happenings that took place. She even can see how she died in her every birth. By the efforts and immense research by the doctor, he is able to relate her present life trauma to her previous life.

As the book is based on real life incidents, it will surely garner interest in you. It will enthrall you, shock you, and surprise you. But after a while, the descriptions by Catherine turn repetitive, and you may want to skip pages. The style of the author is simple and narrative.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”