Brida by Paulo Coelho

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anumalhotra
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anumalhotra.html

Brida by Paulo Coelho

Post by Anumalhotra »

Hi all :D

Joined this forum only recently. And it is also recently that I have become a fan of books by Paulo Coelho. Finished reading Brida and loved it. The books by Paulo are mostly based on the concepts of metaphysics, magic, and philosophy of life; and Brida is one of them.

The young lady, Brida, wants to become a witch, but before that, she has to acquire the worldly wisdom that would help her in exploring the mysteries of nature. On her journey, she is guided by two persons, who agree to become her mentors and teach her the ways to understand the magical powers of the Sun and the Moon. Brida, meanwhile, develops attraction for her male teacher, whom she recognizes as her soul mate. But she is already in a relationship with some other person. Read the book to know how she learns to understand the importance and relevance of the two in her life.

Have a joy time reading this book... :)
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

Good to meet another Paulo Coelho fan and that too my namesake :)
Though, my first choice is Alchemist closely followed by Valkyries. I found Brida slightly disappointing, probably I expected a bit too much on the magic front. Yet by the time I had finished reading it, I had whole heartedly accepted Paulo's decree that entire life is magic

A few months ago, I read Confessions of a Pilgrim by Juan Arias, a sort of biography cum interview of Paulo, and this book actually made me an ardent fan. Here Paulo divulged secrets and sad moments of his personal life, lucidly presenting his thoughts on life in a honest manner. I was floored by his frankness, the way he openly talked about spending time in mental hospital and jails increased my respect for his man, who may have committed some mistakes in life, but learnt so much that his voice can inspire many others. I am not a big fan of biographies, but here it was fun to relate Coelho's real life incidents with his books.
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
Lena Ducane
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lena-ducane.html

Post by Lena Ducane »

:D :D Okay so I just loved Brida... I enjoyed every bit of it! It was such an amazing novel better than Alchemist actually.
And the ending being absolutely fantastic it had me on the edge the whole time. And the end Gosh if I had to recommend anyone to read Paulo I'd tell them to read brida which is the best novel I had come across in 2015!
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

I am a Paulo Coelho Fan too. I have read most of his books, but i cant really select a single favorite as each one is unique. I believe that there are always certain hidden messages from his books that each one can relate and agree upon. I guess I lean more towards how inspiring his philosophy on life comes out of his books.
heshma_m
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heshma-m.html

Post by heshma_m »

I read this book about 3 years ago and really loved it. I can't wait to reread it.
Lynn ash

Post by Lynn ash »

I just finished reading Brida the third time!!!!!!!!!! It does have a brilliant plot..Just loved it!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”