The Mighty Storm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
077conn
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Mighty Storm

Post by 077conn »

I am new to the site and would like to give my first review. The Mighty Storm is about two people who find each other after 12 years. Jake's family moves to the US and he and Trudy did not see each other again. She followed his career and he became a mega rock star and she became a music journalist. They meet up when she does a story on his career. Even with his drug issues and her boyfriend they find a way back together again. Its a good story, Jake sometimes is a baby and wants his own way, but overall good and would read more books by this author, Samatha Towles
Lady_liTTle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Beautiful Bastard</a>
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-little.html
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Lady_liTTle »

So first I was super engaged just as I usually am when I start reading a new romance novel.
I liked it quite a lot and breezed through 60% of the book. But after Tru and Jake become "official" boyfriend and girlfriend I kind of got bored and lost interest. Book has a bunch more of their sex scenes which I found a bit unnecessary. :evil: :evil: :evil:
By 70% of the book it got interesting again. I actually was surprised to learn that Jake turned to drugs. It just made me like the book more because it describes real life struggles. Jake without a doubt loves Tru but he is only human and he cracks under pressure. I found his character very intriguing and really funny too. When I was reading the scene from his POV I found myself chuckling quite a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the end Tru did piss me off a bit because she was just so all over the place. "I hate him. No I dont. I do! Do I? Crap!" I understand her freaking out about the press following her and her life being on display but after having taken time to hide at her parents house and think and THEN meeting up with Jake... shouldn't she just... Be a woman and man up and get her crap together... and... stop being an unreasonable bitch! Omg, ur boyfriend is so rich and famous, you life is going to be so horrible! I feel so bad for you. :oops2:
Overall, an okay read but it did not get me interested enough to read the second novel in The Mighty Storm Series.
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”