The Book of Obeah - my review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
taravanh
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taravanh.html

The Book of Obeah - my review

Post by taravanh »

I finished The Book of Obeah by Sandra Carrington-Smith this morning and I just have to share my review. This is one of the best books I've read in a while. I loved it and didn't want it to end! After finishing the book I learned that it is book 1 of a 4 book series so I'm very excited! Book 2 is set to come out late this fall. Here is my review:

When Melody Bennet's Grandmama, Giselle, passes away she leaves specific instructions for Melody to take her ashes to the bayou in Louisiana. Melody leaves her home in North Carolina to carry out her grandmother's last wishes and is thrust into a world she knows nothing about. She discovers family secrets and is introduced to an ancient West African religion practiced by many in Louisiana. Melody meets a cast of interesting people along her journey though she cannot trust anyone with the secrets she has uncovered. Will Melody be able to fufill her grandmama's dying wishes? Or will the angry people after her family secrets catch up with her?

The Book of Obeah was an exquisite novel which I fell in love with instantly. Sandra Carrington-Smith's writing is amazing and I actually felt my heartbeat quicken throughout the book and was reading like a madwoman to see what happened next! This was a book that I didn't want to put down but at the same time wanted to take my time reading it because I didn't want it to end. It has left me wanting more books featuring Melody Bennet. This is probably my favorite book I've read so far this year!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”