November Book of the Month

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Life After Death by Damien Echols (my review)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.

Life After Death by Damien Echols (my review)

Post Number:#1  Postby taravanh » 23 Oct 2012, 01:04

I finished this book a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I love non-fiction books, memiors and biographies. Damien Echols is known as one of the West Memphis Three - he was convicted and sentenced to death even though there was no evidence linking him to the crime. It's a wonderful book and I love that Echols came out of this with a good outlook.

Damien Echols was sentenced to Death for a crime he did not commit. His biography gives a heartbreakingly honest inside view into his life as he suffers living on death row.

Echols will make you laugh, cry and shudder at the inhumanities he suffered.
taravanh

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Life After Death by Damien Echols (my review)

Post Number:#2  Postby reader50 » 26 Oct 2014, 20:39

This book is very easy to read. Damien Echols takes the reader on an interesting journey through his upbringing and his encounters with a corrupt justice system. A classic case of 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time'. Damien narrates this story and it makes good reading for a varied audience. What surprises me is that some of my male friends are really into this book.

I love to read from most genres, especially crime, thriller, true stories, children's books.
reader50