Official Review: I'll Take the Fat One

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
redibrd
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redibrd.html
Latest Review: "I'LL TAKE THE FAT ONE" by C.D. Shelton

Official Review: I'll Take the Fat One

Post by redibrd »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'll Take the Fat One" by C.D. Shelton.]
Book Cover for 9780984191079
Share This Review

I've read I'll Take the Fat One and would rate this book as a 2 stars of 4. The book is interesting enough but I felt the characters were a bit mono toned and predictable in their actions. The topic is about weight loss and within includes several hints, tips and medical information than can be helpful or at least gives a reader a topic to research further. The story also follows a tragedy that could often happen when considering the different venues for weight loss.

As previously stated, the main characters were predictable and a bit none interesting to me as I was reading. I believe that is somewhat the reason why it took me a month to read a book of only around 200 pages. I am use to more personality in a character than what I received from these. Even the mystery portion of the storyline was a bit predictable.

I would recommend this book to readers who may be starting out, and finding their niche and preferences. This would even be appropriate for an early teen or even someone who wants and needs to lose weight. Just don't expect a exciting page turner.

View "I'll Take the Fat One" on Amazon
View "I'll Take the Fat One" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "I'LL TAKE THE FAT ONE" by C.D. Shelton

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”