Any Human Heart by William Boyd

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheila
Favorite Author: Impossible to pick
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Bookshelf Size: 18

Any Human Heart by William Boyd

Post by Sheila »

This is the only book I read by Boyd but am now eager to read more. The book is told through the journals of Logan Mountstuart, from the age of seventeen until his death. I really enjoyed the book, I really liked the premise that everyone is ordinary that we just extraordinary moments is our lives. I also like seeing how his perception of the world changed as he grew. I have no idea why I am having trouble expressing myself right now but the book really spoke to me and moved me.

So I was wondering what others thought of the book?
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Sheila wrote:This is the only book I read by Boyd but am now eager to read more. The book is told through the journals of Logan Mountstuart, from the age of seventeen until his death. I really enjoyed the book, I really liked the premise that everyone is ordinary that we just extraordinary moments is our lives. I also like seeing how his perception of the world changed as he grew. I have no idea why I am having trouble expressing myself right now but the book really spoke to me and moved me.

I haven't read Any Human Heart but it's on my list since I heard it highly recommended a few weeks ago.
I highly recommend Ordinary Thunderstorms, absolutely brilliant IMO. I've read Armadillo but was somewhat disappointed in it.
Also I've read good reviews of Waiting for Sunrise & it's on the ever lengthening list too. :roll:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Sheila
Favorite Author: Impossible to pick
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Sheila »

Fran wrote:
Sheila wrote:This is the only book I read by Boyd but am now eager to read more. The book is told through the journals of Logan Mountstuart, from the age of seventeen until his death. I really enjoyed the book, I really liked the premise that everyone is ordinary that we just extraordinary moments is our lives. I also like seeing how his perception of the world changed as he grew. I have no idea why I am having trouble expressing myself right now but the book really spoke to me and moved me.

I haven't read Any Human Heart but it's on my list since I heard it highly recommended a few weeks ago.
I highly recommend Ordinary Thunderstorms, absolutely brilliant IMO. I've read Armadillo but was somewhat disappointed in it.
Also I've read good reviews of Waiting for Sunrise & it's on the ever lengthening list too. :roll:
Ordinary Thunderstorms was on my list too, I think I will move it up though since you said it was brilliant. I think we all have list that lengthening and books get shuffled and moved around quite a bit.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

@Sheila
Do let me know what you think of Ordinary Thunderstorms when you get to it.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”