The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
leahcelani
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon

Post by leahcelani »

This is the first time I've ever posted on here, but I just recently read the book "The Noonday Demon" and it enticed me to join a book forum. Weird, I know, but it definitely is a must read for anyone who has ever experienced depression. Solomon writes of his own experience with depression, and it was the first time that I truly felt someone else actually related to my feelings. I promise this will change your perspective on depression and even life.
dianawillis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dianawillis »

I also am a new forum member, who registered some time ago but have not posted until now. And I also read the Noonday Demon a few years ago after having been treated for depression several times over the years--most of it relatively mild in comparison with many others--thank goodness. Solomon's book is well written, and provides lots of background in addition to describing feelings in a way that others should be able to related to, even if they haven't actually suffered clinical depression. Good for you in flagging this book for others.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”