Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Old Town of Raven's Peak

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves

Re: Old Town of Raven's Peak

Post Number:#31 by LivreAmour217
» 12 Apr 2017, 10:50

I might walk around, but not go inside or on any of the buildings. I wouldn't want to fall through a rotting floor or have a roof collapse on my head!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
LivreAmour217's Latest Review: "Majesties of Canaan" by Chayil Champion
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 50%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#32 by Chitopogi
» 14 Apr 2017, 01:13

I would never explore the Old Town on my own. Not even if I was paid a lot of money. Safety first is my motto. I could be forced to explore that place if I had 3 or more friends with me.
Chitopogi

Currently Reading: In the Shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#33 by Amagine
» 17 Apr 2017, 16:48

Chitopogi wrote:I would never explore the Old Town on my own. Not even if I was paid a lot of money. Safety first is my motto. I could be forced to explore that place if I had 3 or more friends with me.

We share the same motto.
"You have to write the book that wants to be written. If the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children." -Madeleine L'Engle
Amagine

Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: Writing for Children and Teens
Currently Reading: Boys Adventure Through The Wild West
Bookshelf Size: 574 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 400 Books
Goal Completion: 35%

Post Number:#34 by mariakavo88
» 21 Apr 2017, 13:23

I love hiking and the outdoors and I love finding weird stuff when I hike. I think I would explore it at the age I am now. If I was a kid I may be a little apprehensive about it. I would probably look around a little bit but not go too far in.
mariakavo88's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
mariakavo88

Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 8 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook Edition

Post Number:#35 by CZCampbell
» 21 Apr 2017, 15:30

I did find Bret's thought sequence during the book to be a bit mature for a kid who just turned twelve. However, as adventurous as I am, I don't know if I would have explored. My knee-jerk reaction in the situation was a "don't go in there" however, I was biased because I had been reading the story up until that point and I contextually knew he wasn't going to find puppies.
CZCampbell's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
CZCampbell

Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 7 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books

Post Number:#36 by 13Vulpes
» Yesterday, 03:57

When I was small I would go there with my friends. We would have a fun and good adventure. Now I would explore it by myself because most of my friends aren´t walk lovers. I have a pretty good intuition so if something went wrong I would go or even run away in time.

I think that Bret has his head full of his parents problems and he needs to go outside for a break. So when he reaches abandoned village he has something interesting to think of instead so he explores it. It´s realistic for me.
13Vulpes's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
13Vulpes

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3 books

View Reviewer Page

Previous