Do you question the existence of God?

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
QuillReads22
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Played With Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Do you question the existence of God?

Post by QuillReads22 »

I do question His existence, for similar reasons to Haatim actually. I don't have a religion anymore, but it is something I think about since I was raised Christian.
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

I believe in the existence of God. There may be those who do not believe in God, therefore I ask, who created man and all the stars and planets. I f we go by Darwin's theory of evolution why did the other species not develop the way humans did? Therefore I believe in and communicate with God minimum 5-6 times daily thru prayers. And he answers!
Vanessa Mills
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vanessa Mills »

I believe it is in every soul or human being to at some stage question the existence of God. There is no fault in this as it is inbred in us to seek and find and question our purpose and Gods. Who is God, what is God, where is God. Especially in those moments of our hurt, pain, struggles or what seems like darkness or emptiness. I have not as yet read the book in reference, I can only speak from life experience and answer the question posted. There are many cultures, beliefs, religions who all call their Deity - God, the meaning of the word God is in general a word for deity, so I have recently been told. So in reference to the question posted, my God is the Father of Jesus Christ, who was born, died and resurrected. At school and churches we attended as children, we were told about God. He was a very far off distant God who I knew little or nothing about. I then became a converted believer after many tragedies in my life. I started seeking for truth in my life and why these things had happened to me. Not so much does God exist but Where is He in my trauma, Does he exist in these moments and how? I then began a journey of discovering the true meanings of Who, What, Where and Why Is G0D? The awesoneness of HIM. So my answer now is - NO I do not question the existence of God any more, I found him. But I do completely understand why a person in their hurt and pain and struggles would ask such a question. The beauty of this is that in asking this question it leads us on a mission or journey to discover the truth of Who He really is and where he is in all this 'stuff' called life. We are created for a purpose, value and significance and in order to find these we need to search in the correct places. From personal experience I believe this question not to be incorrect or to blame others for asking it but a question which can and possibly does lead you deeper into the truth of intimacy with God ( the father of jesus christ) and therefore possibly find the answers to the other questions of what is and where do I find my value, significance and purpose.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

My only answer is, never.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Mudhune Denis Rading

Post by Mudhune Denis Rading »

Situations may push you to the wall but existence of God is unquestionable.Looking at the planet earth and all the creatures in it I am convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that there is an invisible hand behind all these.God is real and His existence cannot be questioned.Amen
Mudhune Denis Rading

We use our knowledge and our mental faculties to refine our faith.Our focus and thought patterns should not be derailed from the fact that God is True and He exists
Margzipan
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margzipan.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Margzipan »

This reminds me of 2 Corinthians 13:5: "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves." And as the Tenth Avenue North song paraphrases it, "We are free to struggle / We're not struggling to be free." I have definitely questioned the existence of God before, and every time it has made me more sure that he is real. Doubt is normal, and questioning yourself to determine whether you believe what you believe is important!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
faheem Altaf

Post by faheem Altaf »

I believe on God.
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jimthorne2 »

Sparkletime wrote:I don't believe in any god and I can't question the existence of one now. When I was younger, my family and friends all believed and it was difficult to try to understand them. I recognize that religion is a comfort to others but I just don't need it. When I'm in a bad situation like Haatim, I just accept that nothing is certain in the world and any of us could die regardless of what we do. It can be hard for others to understand this point of view, but I definitely lack that "all men seek god" feeling and have all my life. We're all different people.
Sounds like your acceptance of stuff is the result of a lack of investigation rather than ignorance or arrogance. I appreciate that idea. To say that you "just don't need it" makes me wonder if you have thought about it. I suspect that you are a reader and acknowledge you as a reviewer. If that is the case, why not try reading Genesis 1 and see what thoughts come to mind.
Cstanfld

Post by Cstanfld »

I believe there is some sort of higher being, but to say one god over another, that's difficult. I'm more of a spiritual person rather than a religious person.
SpaceCadet97
Currently Reading: Hagakure
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by SpaceCadet97 »

Of course, you must always question everything in life.

If we don't question, we cannot acknowledge the depth of our existence.
cecille

Post by cecille »

No. we can't see Him in our naked eyes but we could feel His presence. that's exactly how I feel :D
fayteb
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayteb.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by fayteb »

As a human, were are not able to reply to that, else it will be a scientific matter; I mean if there is a proof of God existance,that will be a scientific proof.
So here where to believe, and been believers start.
And this is a huge existential issue, for everyone, who think about a meaning of life it self.
Why we have consciousness of it, and why this question in partiquelar divide humanity?
What is the secret about God existence?
Simply you believe in God or not.
Believe don't require proof, else you don't, it's that simple, for me at least.
And we have a certain intelligence for weighing this faith.
March Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-march-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by March Reviewer »

When you see a beautiful car in the street, do you not believe that somebody made it? When you see an intricate watch, do you not believe that it was made by some clever designer? So why is it so hard to believe that a fully functional universe has a supreme creator behind it?
Mudhune Denis Rading

Indeed things don't just happen but are planned,made or created.Our God is not A God of gaps .He was,He is and will be forever and ever Amen.The existence of God is not an imagination but a reality of life

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”