Official Review: Hidden, Part One by Linda Berry

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
razain
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Hidden, Part One by Linda Berry

Post by razain »

Good point

-- 26 Apr 2017, 14:21 --

Good point
jat

Post by jat »

Yes it a good one ,,, its really happens in reality...
dickersonljones
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickersonljones.html

Post by dickersonljones »

Oh WOW! This sounds like a very interesting and "keep you on your toes" kind of read! I like that it seems to have some very realistic aspects that can be easily relatable such as Sully's return from Afganistan not being all that he had "hoped" it to be as he finds that his home and family had fallen into hardships while he was away. I think people sometimes think just because our military is being compensated for the time that they spend away from their family and home that all turns out fine for the soldier and the family. However, it is not just finances that keep a family and household going and that is no truer than when it comes to our men and women who are in the military. In some ways, the real scarey parts of being a marine and/or family of a marine are felt when they are actually back and on the home front from their time spent overseas.
I also like the fact that the book is not overly saturated with love and romance. I am very excited to read this one!
ladyinblue25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ladyinblue25 »

The book sounds interesting to read but a marine life into a cowboy life that would be a huge difference in lifestyle. I would buy the book

-- 27 Apr 2017, 19:49 --
Zahid ali
Currently Reading: Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Zahid ali »

I hate that kind o welcome when specially you returned from achievement the characters are very well crafted then this is a book I should consider reading. Great Review :)
jONATHAN P GALGO JR

Post by jONATHAN P GALGO JR »

I find that i am looking forward to reading this book. This book sounds different and interesting.Thank you author
Doyere Coulibaly
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Doyere Coulibaly »

This book seems to me like one fo the many films scripts that talk about the "homecoming" of soldiers back home to always find that what they had left behind has completely changed and somehow needs to be changed by our "heroes of war" or they need to adapt to the changed created in their absence.I hope the book does not fall into the pattern of a "cliché" style of book reading and I hope it to be something different in the sense of bringing out its quintessence and unique feature that could be used by people in quests of answers to the development of their lifestyles.A looking forward type of book for me.
majdi11

Post by majdi11 »

Now this might be a book very worth reading. It sets up the stories of multiple protagonists like Justin, the upcoming rodeo star. It also should highlight different ways of the struggles of life both by Sully and Justin and how they handle them. I would sincerely give a positive review to this book. :)
Shakiz amani mbaire
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Rudnick
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 29
fav_author_id: 30509

Post by Shakiz amani mbaire »

Love the book though the grammar was hard.mwaaaaaaah
David baker

Post by David baker »

Nice writeup I like the fact that there is reality in the book. Obstacles, predicament etc. I think I like it
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

I like three things in my books - it must be a western book, it must be a mystery/thriller, and it must have a bit of romance(or maybe more than a sprinkling of it!). That's the way I like my books.
And " Hidden, Part One by Linda Berry" has most of it. I may just buy and read it!
kulbhushan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kulbhushan »

First time i am reading a work that change my thinking and in middle of book so enthusiastic for part 2The book Hidden challenges the reader to look at the harsh realities of life, love, war and loss.. The characters were well developed, making it easy to understand their emotions. The author beautifully describes the inner conflict experienced by the main character...after having lived in two different worlds, each with it's own struggles. This heartwarming story does not focus on murder, hatred or violence, a most refreshing change. I want to say that once I began reading Hidden... I had a hard time putting it down. Having grown up on a farm.. I found myself remembering the struggles my parents went through, in order to survive. I am looking forward to Part II and hoping it come soon
Edwinjr

Post by Edwinjr »

:P :P
Amagine wrote:I've never really read a western fiction before and this one sounds very interesting. I like the fact that it is about a rodeo star. He has an unconventional job and that's not common in fiction. If the characters are very well crafted then this is a book I should consider reading.

Great Review! ?
CarrieMe
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane

Post by CarrieMe »

It's interesting to see a Western that's set in the present (I assume, anyway). I'm not really into Westerns, but I do like mysteries, so I might have to give it a shot.
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
Rebecca Henderson
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-henderson.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rebecca Henderson »

Great review! You do a great job of laying down the conflict and the characters without giving too much away in terms of plot.

I have to admit I'm not much of a fan of Westerns either. Then again, I do have a soft spot for the movie, Spirit. The West and cowboys and Indians and the like is a topic that draws a lot of interest, I think because of the wild nature of those times. You had a lot of people voyaging out into the wilderness to stake their claims and make a name for themselves and their future generations. You also had the mystery of what lay hidden in those new lands, including the indigenous population. The law (or lack thereof), is definitely gray as well, in terms of "just" and "unjust," "right" and "wrong." Lots of possibilities there for anyone wanting to let their imagination run free, I'd imagine.

I was glad to read that there wasn't too much romance. Your review convinced me to read this book, and the fact that a stereotypical rodeo romance isn't at the center of it all makes me want to read this book all the more. I don't necessarily want to read about the cute, handsome cowboy who falls off his horse and the beautiful nurse who brings him back to life. I want to read a book that makes me feel more than just "awe." You know? Let me feel the pain and suffering of the returned war vet; let's hear about the woes of the father who can't burden his son with debt, but has no other choice it seems; and tell me about the man who is trying to make his name known, all the while risking his life.

Thanks for such a great review, you were objective in your critique and persuaded me to check this one out! :)
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”