What do you think,your'e life will be as an immortal?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
samebcay18
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samebcay18.html

What do you think,your'e life will be as an immortal?

Post by samebcay18 »

In our present life we encountered a lot of obtacles.I think life would be easy if we are an immortal.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

samebcay18 wrote:In our present life we encountered a lot of obtacles.I think life would be easy if we are an immortal.
But immmortality will only increase the span of life.how do you think it will reduce your current life problems.
I think immortality will change your reaction or perspective towards life incidents as you will know that nothing will be fatal anymore for you
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

The Researcher wrote:
samebcay18 wrote:In our present life we encountered a lot of obtacles.I think life would be easy if we are an immortal.
But immmortality will only increase the span of life.how do you think it will reduce your current life problems.
I think immortality will change your reaction or perspective towards life incidents as you will know that nothing will be fatal anymore for you
I agree. Immortality won't solve ones life problems. I haven't imagined what my life would be as an immortal as I don't want to become one. ?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

That would depend on whether the immortality also completely eliminated pain and illness or merely prevented fatality. Pain and suffering are such a part of life that if these were eliminated, immortality could be a lot of fun.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Julie Ditton wrote:That would depend on whether the immortality also completely eliminated pain and illness or merely prevented fatality. Pain and suffering are such a part of life that if these were eliminated, immortality could be a lot of fun.
That's basically how paradise would be.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I think immortality would only exacerbate the problems we must encounter. Never being able to stop the daily grind...knowing you would never die..It just seems like existence would lose its special meaning after a time.
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:
I think immortality would only exacerbate the problems we must encounter. Never being able to stop the daily grind...knowing you would never die..It just seems like existence would lose its special meaning after a time.
Yeah. I agree with you. But it would also be quite fun If you had a few immortal friends. If me and my friends were immortal, then there would have been nothing we couldn't do. Going home after a hangout always feels bad. But despite all these positives there are also many negatives like the ones you mentioned.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:
I agree. After some time I think it would get tiring. You would also lose those closest to you as well.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

Extremely sad and lonely..I also feel that we show and care more for those around us when we have a slight fear of losing them to death forever..I feel if that goes, people would just take others for granted even more.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

It will be challenging but rewarding.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I disagree! I think there would be a lot of difficulties as an immortal. Though I think it would be easier to earn and save money because of years of experience, I think there would be a lot of mental difficulties. Friends and family would only be around for a little while, you would constantly have to keep forming new relationships only for those to also die out quickly! Also, I think it would be exhausting. After a while, things could become monotonous, you would always be looking for new things and new places to go... but the world is only so big. Mostly, I think it would be difficult because it would be lonely.
greenstripedgiraffe
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Immortality poses a lot of problems. Everyone you know dies. Everyone you don't know dies. Historically speaking, the world has been progressively worsening as far as evil goes, so more wars = more people dying. Only place it's worth being immortal is Heaven. No more wars, no death, no sorrow, no sickness, etc. On earth here - not so much.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

MarisaRose wrote:I disagree! I think there would be a lot of difficulties as an immortal. Though I think it would be easier to earn and save money because of years of experience, I think there would be a lot of mental difficulties. Friends and family would only be around for a little while, you would constantly have to keep forming new relationships only for those to also die out quickly! Also, I think it would be exhausting. After a while, things could become monotonous, you would always be looking for new things and new places to go... but the world is only so big. Mostly, I think it would be difficult because it would be lonely.
Nice imagination. This will give any one who wants to be an immortal some thoughts. ?
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Life would definitely have a lot of parallels to how it was in the past (present day for us) and the future in which I'd be living in. But it would change my perspective on many life situations, because not every generation will ALWAYS face the same problems as the ones who came before them.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Guppy
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guppy.html
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Post by Guppy »

I think being immortal would just increase the number of obstacles in life.
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”