Forum Navigation

Forum Home | Authors Start Here | Shop by Cover | Login | Sign Up For Free

Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

What Type Of Magic User Would You Be?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.

Re: What Type Of Magic User Would You Be?

Post Number:#16 by Donnavila Marie01
» 03 Jan 2017, 18:57

Erynn's adventure is breathe taking. Well, I want to be a wizard. A guided wizard that is, with good heart. With this, I could also help my people by redirecting them to a better future.
Donnavila Marie01's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Donnavila Marie01

Currently Reading: Thera and the Exodus
Bookshelf Size: 27 books
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by Lady Countryrose
» 06 Jan 2017, 16:34

I think I would go for natural magic, something I have heard about Druids or Shomans use. To be apart of the earth and the elements. That would be something.
Lady Countryrose

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#18 by animatedwolf3432
» 07 Jan 2017, 02:10

I would love to be a Fire Witch! I know I'd have to be born one, but Tamara was absolutely stunning. I loved her spirit, and her connection with the Sun Goddess. Having an affinity for fire is dazzling! Not only physical fire, but the inner flame of everything in the world.

So yes, I would be a fire witch for sure!
animatedwolf3432's Latest Review: "No Stronger Bond" by Deanna Stone
animatedwolf3432

Currently Reading: lucky
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#19 by Erik
» 07 Jan 2017, 03:43

I have always had the instincts of a showman, so I suppose I'd choose something like Magician.. plus, I'd quite like the ability to vanish at will in a handy puff of smoke, become and remain invisible whenever it suited me, and teleport myself from one place to another.
The funny thing is that I used to be quite good at minor magic tricks like palming small items and making them appear and disappear. Those tricks were a grand way to liven up a dull office meeting and became perfect for creative torment of coworkers.
Erik

Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10 books

Post Number:#20 by Swiftmover07
» 08 Jan 2017, 01:24

It would be awesome to be a wizard! Who wouldn't want to practice magic. I mean it's quite literally everyones childhood dream! Ah that would just be awesome
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Swiftmover07's Latest Review: "Shifter's Hope" by Laura Hawks
Swiftmover07

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#21 by Insightsintobooks
» 09 Jan 2017, 19:21

littlefrog wrote:I think I would like the magic of a healer. Of course, as a nurse that appeals to me the most. How great that would be to be able to heal someone by just touching them, to be able to look inside the body. My favorite healing was when Eric healed the wounded eye, he was able to look inside and create a mirror image.

I would like to be a healer as well.
Insightsintobooks's Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#22 by shibaburt
» 15 Jan 2017, 04:20

I would say a wizard, because of all the magic that you get. You could save people, and that would be very useful.
shibaburt

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

Post Number:#23 by mewsmash
» 15 Jan 2017, 12:56

I would love to use healer magic. I've always dreamed of being an emergency room surgeon, and being a healer would make me the best doctor of all!
mewsmash's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
mewsmash

Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12 books

Post Number:#24 by cjohns105
» 16 Jan 2017, 15:05

I would appreciate the structure that is present as a Magician, and I like to keep myself as informed as possible meaning I would want to absorb all the information that I could get my hands on. However, I know myself well enough to realize that if I gave into the comfort and security of all that structure, I wouldn't grow the way I could as a wizard. I like being a problem solver and thinking outside the box, and I think the only way that would be okay for me to do is as a wizard, even if it were more difficult for me at the same time. What a good question.
cjohns105

Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 120 Books
Goal Completion: 2%

Post Number:#25 by Corybarclay
» 22 Jan 2017, 05:09

Being a wizard would be cool, if it means throwing out fireballs and stuff, though I don't know when I would use that particular ability. I'm sure it would come in handy at some point in life.

Being a necromancer and raising the dead would be cool, too. I'd love to have an army of undead minions! I used to play Warhammer, and those were my dudes.

Ultimately, I think being a healer would be most gratifying. Being able to cure sickness and the unhealthy would go a long way towards living a selfless, accomplished life ^_^.
Corybarclay

Currently Reading: Warbreaker
Bookshelf Size: 18 books

Post Number:#26 by The Researcher
» 05 Feb 2017, 10:51

I will also want to be a wizard with special spell casting abilities, time travel abilities and flying abilities :lol:
The Researcher's Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
The Researcher

Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 87 books
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
Goal Completion: 146%

Post Number:#27 by SandraTWP-BRW
» 18 Feb 2017, 07:34

Oh, wizard, definitely. There's a lot of value in form and structure, and they have their place. But I am drawn to the idea of a more independent and personalized magical practice.
SandraTWP-BRW's Latest Review: "Rapier" by R. A. "Doc" Correa
SandraTWP-BRW

Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 37 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 6 Tablet

Post Number:#28 by Mannie913
» 20 Feb 2017, 20:44

I think I would be a magician. I would need a structured plan and schooling on how to perform my magic. I don't consider myself to be super creative so I probably wouldn't be able to do anything too fantastic.
Mannie913

Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 57 books
Reading Device: Kindle Voyage
Goal Completion: 34%

Post Number:#29 by needmoresleep
» Yesterday, 19:12

Randomgold wrote:In the world Eric goes to, there are multiple types of magic users, each with their own way of doing things. And there's a lot of them. More than we originally think there are, that's for sure. So, if you could choose to be any one of them, which would it be?

For me, it would probably be magician. I would probably do better with a more structured environment that a stable education provides. With mundane things I can get a bit creative, but I just don't have a head for experimentation and trial and error and the like. It would probably go badly if I tried. So yeah, a good formal education to be a magician would be best for me I think.

The world Eric goes to? What book is that?

Also, I've always loved fire magic so I think I'd like that xD though honestly idk what kinds of magic users there are?
needmoresleep

Currently Reading: House of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 218 books
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 30%

Previous