Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.

Re: You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Post Number:#91 by Mbarnes
» 06 Jan 2017, 11:29

If I was in Erics shoes with the limited amount of information he has I would have spazzed out no questions asked. There were not enough answers and I was lost for a little while to what was going on. He needed more detail where there wasn't and less details in other spots. I did not finish the book because it was so bad in my opinion. I would not recommend this book to anyone. I would go crazy wondering what was going on and why. Sasha needed to be more forth coming and I just personally think the book should have been redone at the beginning. If it would have started differently then I probably would have finished it and left a better review.
Mbarnes

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 195 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 6 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 48 Books
Goal Completion: 6%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#92 by Lady Countryrose
» 06 Jan 2017, 16:18

If I wake up to find myself a Vampire, what would I do? I really don't know, but knowing myself I would go through many stages of anger, greef, panic, and then realize I might do something as a vampire than I did has a human. Like for an examle, I might make a difference for other people. Be a superhero from the shadows. But I wouldn't party, because vampires take the fun out of drinking. Because all they can drink is blood.
Lady Countryrose

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#93 by phoenmoon
» 06 Jan 2017, 17:08

This was the only thing about the book that I did not particularly care for. To me, Eric's reaction to the whole ordeal did not seem genuine and was kind of hard for me to find believable. I mean he reacted sorta as expected in the beginning but seemed to get over his issue of being a vampire pretty quick. I'm a very go with the flow kind of person but If I woke up to find I was a vampire without my consent you best believe I would be flipping out and livid. It might just be because I'm biased though, If I woke up to find I was a dragon shifter or something I think I would be ok with that. :D
phoenmoon's Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
phoenmoon

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 252 Books

Post Number:#94 by Swara Sangeet
» 06 Jan 2017, 23:31

I'd never drink, but if I turn into a vampire by some other way, let me be honest and say that I'd experience mixed feelings. I might get slightly frightened thinking about a whole new life of an entirely new dimension with apprehension. At the same time, I'd be thrilled thinking about all the magical possibilities like Twilight!
Swara Sangeet's Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
Swara Sangeet

Currently Reading: The path Of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 178 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#95 by animatedwolf3432
» 07 Jan 2017, 01:56

I've actually thought about this question a lot. There are a lot of upsides to being a vampire, depending on the stories and different theories you find most believable. Heightened senses, perfect vision, heightened reflexes, quick healing. Some stories even bring in shapeshifting, mind control, mind reading! The possibilities could be endless! Not to mention you could never die from aging. That would appeal to those that are afraid of death, or growing old.

The only one I would really have a problem with is never dying. Sure, living forever could be great. But outliving everyone you know would be really sad. Eventually, it would get boring, I think. You also have to drink blood to stay alive, and based off of Nightlord eventually you have to kill someone to keep yourself alive. My conscience probably wouldn't handle that very well.

If I woke up a vampire, I would probably party. See how much alcohol it takes to get drunk, if getting drunk is even possible. I'd push the limits of my new abilities, depending on what I get. I think it would be fun for a while! But once I outlived my family, I'd find a way to die. I wouldn't like being alone like that.
animatedwolf3432's Latest Review: "No Stronger Bond" by Deanna Stone
animatedwolf3432

Currently Reading: lucky
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#96 by Swiftmover07
» 08 Jan 2017, 10:56

I don't know that I would panic, but it would be a shock. Then of course when I got over that I would do all kinds of crazy stuff. Every vampire story has that time in their long life that they just did what they wanted without think of the consequences
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Swiftmover07's Latest Review: "Shifter's Hope" by Laura Hawks
Swiftmover07

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#97 by Insightsintobooks
» 08 Jan 2017, 21:26

I would panic. However, I would be able to read all the books I wouldn't have otherwise been able to.
Insightsintobooks's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#98 by easy_dc13
» 10 Jan 2017, 08:47

I'd panic for a few minutes and then take it in stride the rest of the way, after learning of the specifics. The way a vampire was portrayed in the book, it sounds like a sweet (rather than sour) deal to be honest. Got to make full use of all of my new perks.
easy_dc13's Latest Review: "Willy's Ballgame" by Dennis N. Ricci
easy_dc13

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#99 by klbradley
» 10 Jan 2017, 11:45

The drunken night wouldn't apply to me, but if I were to wake up with the realization that I was a vampire, I would definitely freak out. I have a child, and I can't imagine the heartbreak knowing that I would outlive my child.
She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. -Annie Dillard
klbradley's Latest Review: "The Flip" by Michael Phillip Cash
klbradley

Favorite Book: The Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook Edition
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Post Number:#100 by Craftbunnie
» 10 Jan 2017, 12:44

While it my conversion would have to happen because of something besides alcohol, I think it would be something that after an initial freak out I would be excited about.
Getting over the initial shock to learn about what creature I am now might take some time, but I think that the fun of learning my new abilities and new world would be great fun. Moments of uncertainty are sure to happen, even break downs, but giving myself the ability to be someone that I am not at the current moment would be a great adventure.
Craftbunnie

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#101 by mewsmash
» 14 Jan 2017, 12:54

I would be pretty excited to be a vampire! Eternal life and beauty, plus I can transform into my favorite animal! I might not be too keen on the whole murdering people thing, but if I could substitute human blood for animal, I think I would be okay. If any of my friends or family were interested, I'd bite them, too, so I could build a whole vampire gang.
mewsmash's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
mewsmash

Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#102 by +++---
» 15 Jan 2017, 00:27

If it happens then I would like to clear all my doubts about vampires.And try to enjoy the rare experience as much as possible.
+++---

Currently Reading: Brown Scarf Blues
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#103 by klbradley
» 16 Jan 2017, 09:30

The sight of blood makes me a bit nauseous, so I'm not sure how I would handle that part...
She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. -Annie Dillard
klbradley's Latest Review: "The Flip" by Michael Phillip Cash
klbradley

Favorite Book: The Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook Edition
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Post Number:#104 by Rachel1019
» 16 Jan 2017, 11:51

If waking up a vampire means that I will be stronger, then I will totally be partying. If it meant I was constantly dead and craving blood, then I would be panicking.
Rachel1019's Latest Review: "Bounty" by J.D. Cunegan
Rachel1019

Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 43 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#105 by cjohns105
» 16 Jan 2017, 17:53

I would have to evaluate the situation. If I happened to wake up in this predicament tomorrow, I can't say that I would be wholly disappointed. There would be a whole new world to explore, new things to figure out. But I would also have to figure out how to live again, with an entirely new set of rules, which would be hard. I have always had a healthy appreciation for chaos, so I think I would be more okay with the situation that I should care to admit. I'm not one to party or panic, but I can say that my first inclination would not be to go on some bloodsucking, booze, and drug fueled bender, or whatever kinds of wild partying a fresh vampire 20-something might be inclined to participate in.
cjohns105

Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 120 Books
Goal Completion: 2%

PreviousNext