OnlineBookClub.org

Featured Book

Forum Navigation

Forum Home | Authors Start Here | Shop by Cover | Login | Sign Up For Free

Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited

Free/Discount Book of the Day! ( + Amazon Gift Card Giveaway! )

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books; They are incredible temporary deals on well-rated books! This also includes free entry into daily free raffles for free Amazon Gift Cards! Sign up so you do not miss the opportunity to build up your library with premium books for free AND get free daily chances to win free Amazon gift cards.

Sorry, this proves you are human.

You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.

Re: You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Post Number:#61 by JKreviews
» 01 Jan 2017, 12:07

Panic, and probably haunt my family in the shadows, aching to be with them but too terrified I will feed on them if I get too close!
JKreviews

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#62 by ellieonline03
» 01 Jan 2017, 12:17

If I ever wake up one day as a vampire, I'm pretty sure I'd be freaking out. Being a vampire would mean that other monsters are real, too. After freaking out, I'd do what Eric did with Travis -- experiment and test my limits. I think that would help me accept what I had already become. Knowing this should help me survive if I ever get attacked by other monsters.
ellieonline03's Latest Review: "The Last Stop" by Clive La Pensée
ellieonline03

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 12 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Post Number:#63 by mnmorris11
» 01 Jan 2017, 13:00

Well since I don't drink that would never happen to me. Yet if it did I would absolutely panic and run screaming and crying from the room. After I have regained my composure, I guess I would want to know what the heck happened.
mnmorris11

Post Number:#64 by rcoursey00
» 01 Jan 2017, 13:06

:roll: As with all my decisions or with anything that happens in my life I would opt to panic first then go through a whole stages of grief type of deal. I imagine after a night of partying though my first thought wouldn't be that I had been turned into a vampire but that maybe I was just experiencing some wicked hangover. As soon as I did discover there was something seriously wrong and that I wasn't experiencing the hangover of my life but it was the next best explanation: I was a vampire, then yeah let the panic ensue. I would rethink and subsequently overthink the entirety of my existence (no big deal), and worry about becoming a monster and hurting my family. But if I ever did manage to get the vampire aspect of who I was under control then yes I would definitely not waste the benefits...
rcoursey00

Currently Reading:
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#65 by Bare Necessities
» 01 Jan 2017, 15:21

Definitely panic. The prospect and fandom of vampires never stuck to me and I don't find them interesting, enjoyable or likable. Also, I would definitely miss the feel of warm sunlight, or going outside during the day.
Bare Necessities

Currently Reading: Empire of Storms
Bookshelf Size: 164 books

Post Number:#66 by Megwe85
» 01 Jan 2017, 15:49

Since I have a terrible fear of death, I wouldn't mind the immortal aspect of being a vampire. Nevertheless, I would probably panic. As someone else posted, I would be very nervous about what would happen to my family. Also, to now have the responsibility of helping people die (like terminally ill patients) - that would be stressful.
Megwe85

Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 77 books
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books

Post Number:#67 by Jackie01
» 01 Jan 2017, 17:59

Panic at first, then, as I learn my abilities, party hard.
Jackie01

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11 books

Post Number:#68 by Thimble
» 01 Jan 2017, 18:55

Like many others, I don't drink or do one-night stands, but if I happened to wake up a vampire one day I don't think I would panic. I'd try to figure out what kind of vampire I am and then minimize the damage to others.
I'd use my time to travel, find interesting work, and help others from the shadows. Maybe I could find a way to cure cancer or genetic disorders. I'd also learn every language I could. So, nerd party! :techie-studyinggray:
Thimble

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Iron Kissed
Currently Reading: The Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 247 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 30 Books
Goal Completion: 6%

Post Number:#69 by katiejp83
» 01 Jan 2017, 20:27

Once I had finished panicing, I think I would do useful things like learn to lay piano, try new languages. Find the time to finish reading all my unread books.
katiejp83

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#70 by Julie Ditton
» 01 Jan 2017, 20:44

Oh, I like that idea. A vampire would have time to read all the books, see all the museums, hear all the concerts, that he or she wished.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Julie Ditton

Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 777 books
Reading Device: Fire HDX 8.9
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 3%

Post Number:#71 by Youmnah4
» 01 Jan 2017, 23:29

I think that I'll panic for about 5-10 minutes. I'll probably be super happy afterwards. It's the whole idea of immortality and being invincible that entices me. And regarding a previous post, I completely agree. I love reading books and going to new places and experiencing new things. Being a vampire gives me the opportunity to do that.
Youmnah4

Post Number:#72 by majabambino
» 02 Jan 2017, 08:28

I would party before letting the fact that I would need to bite people to sustain myself sink in.

I would party because - hey, I am now one of the most celebrated (and unfortunately, overused) fictional characters in existence(?) and I now have the option to become famous by starring in my own TV show/ movie/ talkshow, plus I would probably be able to make hot people swoon because of my ravishing good looks. But I would be miserable afterwards because I don't really fancy physical contact with acquaintances and strangers; therefore, I would probably starve to death before I bite anyone. Plus, who would want to be a circus animal? I don't want to join the ranks of those people who are now famous just because. I would actually want to earn my fame thank you very much.
majabambino

Currently Reading: Essential History
Bookshelf Size: 11 books
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books

Post Number:#73 by melindad74
» 02 Jan 2017, 09:10

Maybe a little of both, I think it would be great to be a vampire, but not if I had to leave my friends and family behind. So I guess I really don't know what I would do unless I was in that situation first hand.
melindad74

Post Number:#74 by Shaikhspear
» 02 Jan 2017, 11:51

PARTYYYYYYYYYY
Shaikhspear

Post Number:#75 by Sarah masad
» 02 Jan 2017, 13:09

You party until the clock strikes 12
Sarah masad

PreviousNext