What are your thoughts about vampire stories?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
Kailynn
Bookshelf Size: 18

Re: What are your thoughts about vampire stories?

Post by Kailynn »

I love vampire stories! Providing they're well written, keep me guessing and make me fall in love with the characters! I think YA vampire stories are a great way to open doors to the world of reading as well.
masielal
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masielal.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by masielal »

I don't like those kind of books. I don't know. I find it boring, too cliche. But that's my opinion of course, I wouldn't jugde the ones who like it :) :wink:
crochetkid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by crochetkid »

When I was in grade school ( many moons ago) I thought vampires were the greatest most interesting books, movies, and weekly shows.

Now, I have no interest and really feel the vampire craze has been running for far to long. I'm happy to see the faze move on.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

I have never read a vampire story. I would like to read twilight but can't exactly get my hands on the copy. I saw the Twilight movies, not all, and they were OK.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

One of my favorites! I cannot get enough.

?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
MW000865
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by MW000865 »

Vampire stories can be new and fresh when the writer takes care to address the relevant vampire lore but also chooses to add additional information that may be interesting to the reader and makes the reader think about possibilities previously unconsidered. The writer who captures the attention and imagination of the reader can snare a corner of the market heretofore uncommitted or those bored with tired and overused storylines.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love vampire stories. They do tend to be similar though.
Kailey Brenner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kailey-brenner.html

Post by Kailey Brenner »

Some are well written, but for the most part they're cheesy, over done, and I'm tired of them.
annabelleon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabelleon.html

Post by annabelleon »

For me it depends on the book, how its written what it includes etc ., but for the most partt
I have liked all of the vampire stories I've read so far there's only been one that I thought was very cheesy and not so great
hajirahina
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by hajirahina »

Initially when the vampire strories started in full swing , there was excitement about discovering something new. Till date the vampire series of Nora Roberts is a personal favourite. Meyer was also good the first time .But overall the vampire stories got stale pretty quick.
I guess because there was too much too often. Anything in excess is bad, everywhere you turned there were vampires.
A good book is always appreciated but i guess when it comes to vampire stories i'll pass.
Youmnah4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youmnah4.html

Post by Youmnah4 »

I have read many vampire books myself and while I do agree that most are overdone, I believe that there are some books that are different from the rest such as the hollows series and the Riley Henson guardian series. In those books, while it is about vampires and can be a tiny bit overdone like any other vampire book, these two series have enough of a spin to make it interesting and not make it seem as if it is like every other vampire book. Overall, I enjoy reading vampire books. Cliche and typical or not, sometimes you need to have soemthing similar to curl up and read.
HonestAnne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honestanne.html

Post by HonestAnne »

Vampire stories are old now. I dont read them anymore mostly because when I did read them, there weren't that great. It always focused on ridiculous love triangles and cringe- worthy dialogue!
Rainbow gem 35
Currently Reading: The shock of the fall
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainbow-gem-35.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rainbow gem 35 »

I have not been a fan of vampire stories, however after reading "the twilight saga" I was slightly swayed . I then went on to reading the -"fashionably dead " series and found it very funny. I will certainly be reading more like this.
Reneeb
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneeb.html

Post by Reneeb »

I love reading vampire books as long as there is a great story line and not just all about sucking blood. It's great to read some of the latest books
missourigirl61

Post by missourigirl61 »

I love vampire stories. There was a series that I read, (has lots of book in series) it was called Brotherhood, I believe. There were good vampires that fell in love with humans, and they killed the bad vampires. It was very interesting, and the author wrote well enough that you could feel the emotions of the vampires wanting to be human. I just love reading about paranormal and supernatural.

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”