What are your thoughts about vampire stories?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
ginamichelleb
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginamichelleb.html

Re: What are your thoughts about vampire stories?

Post by ginamichelleb »

Some vampire books are fun to read while some are not. I am more into zombies and ghost books.
kdk2012
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdk2012.html

Post by kdk2012 »

I'm not a huge fan of vampire books. I can't seem to really get into books about subjects that are completely fictitious, such as vampires, zombies.. etc. However, I did read the Twilight series, and did not enjoy them. I found the writing to be very immature.
TiffsBookBlog
Currently Reading: Holding up the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by TiffsBookBlog »

I enjoy a good vampire love story. Not Twilight... I was reading the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands. I've been thinking about rereading them just because :)
justafool4badboys
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justafool4badboys.html

Post by justafool4badboys »

Vampire stories are my favorite. I guess it started with twilight I'm not sure. May be its the unreality of it all.
+Megan+

Post by +Megan+ »

I've enjoyed many vampire books -- but if not balanced correctly, it gets overused. In modern vampire books, it always usually revolves around the isolation of being a vampire, or vampire royalty, and evil vampires. The usual tropes.

That gets old, pretty quickly. I usually have to go long intervals before reading another vampire book/series.
chloejaay

Post by chloejaay »

It definitely divers between books, I'm actually quite a fan of young adult vampire stories but, they'll never have anything on the classics like Interview with a Vampire.
paigem

Post by paigem »

I usually really enjoy them some can feel a little old but, most authors give it such an amazing spin that you can't help but get sucked into the story.
nonaprkns
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonaprkns.html

Post by nonaprkns »

Its a good read
HubbsL
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubbsl.html

Post by HubbsL »

Vampire stories are my favorite. They are dark and mysterious yet somehow romantic.
Mozez
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Mozez »

Vampire stories are great books,especially for those who are used to reading a particular genre of books,after all, variety is the spice of life.The books I read should be able to do three things for me,they should be able to inform me,educate me and entertain me.
So,as they say, diversity is the beauty of life. :)
Amy2451
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy2451.html

Post by Amy2451 »

I love vampire stories. I always love reading or watching any type of fantasy especially about the supernatural :)
Amaranthine heart
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaranthine-heart.html

Post by Amaranthine heart »

Vampire stories are cool. I like reading the adventure of keeping the secret of who you are. It's cool to see the characters go through the struggles of hiding the secrets, mastering their powers and controlling their blood lust then you can watch them evolve into a strong powerful courageous person. ?
WhiteWyatt20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitewyatt20.html

Post by WhiteWyatt20 »

I love vampire stories. it is amazing how many different things you can learn about vampire by reading books from all kind of authors. Most of the short stories that I have tried to write on my own have always been focused on vampires because they were always one of my favorite mythical creatures.
Between the Shelves
Currently Reading: Holding up the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-between-the-shelves.html
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Between the Shelves »

I took a class on vampire novels and movies while in college, and it's definitely interesting to see the different takes on them throughout time. My favorite book/movie we studied in that class was I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, mostly because the movie with Will Smith more portrays the creatures as zombies instead of vampires, and it shows the complexity of the portrayal of vampires. It's interesting to see the way they can be changed to reflect the society they're in. Though I haven't read many books with vampires in them lately, they still intrigue me!
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch
annyleigh

Post by annyleigh »

I totally love them! As long as they aren't your typical, predictable vampire story and you know how it's going to end from the beginning, I really can get into them :)

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”