Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Good vs. Evil

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.

Re: Good vs. Evil

Post Number:#16 by Donnavila Marie01
» 03 Jan 2017, 08:37

Good versus Evil is a long time discussion. It has been a debate even before saga. Do we really have these forces unknown? Many of us believe that the good triumphs over evil. I would say, it is always right to do something good. It is through this that we could open a door for good to win over evil.
Donnavila Marie01's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Donnavila Marie01

Currently Reading: Thera and the Exodus
Bookshelf Size: 28 books
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by Leparda
» 04 Jan 2017, 08:46

There is good and evil in every person. I hate it, when books show main characters as an absolute good as it is just very plain. Every person is a little bit greedy, jealous, manipulative, merciless and such. Maybe it's weird, but I relate a lot with villains, most of them have a strong purpose and I can put myself in their shoes, so I see a lot good in them too. But of course, it is weird if they don't have any human emotion or a capacity to feel.
Leparda

Favorite Book: Steppenwolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#18 by ramblinggnomes
» 04 Jan 2017, 12:41

I don´t believe in unseen forces that manipulate us but I think we naturally, as humans, root for good over evil. What we define as good or evil is ultimately decided by society.
We are influenced from an early age about what is defined as good and evil and we don´t question. Take the Disney films, the villain is always stereotypical so it´s clear from the beginning that they are evil, no moral confusion there. However, take the book Lolita and, although we know very clearly that his actions are wrong, we can´t help feeling slightly sorry for the paedophile. Shocking, but just goes to show how easily our definitions of good and evil can be swayed.
ramblinggnomes

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25 books
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books

Post Number:#19 by Lady Countryrose
» 06 Jan 2017, 16:41

There has always been Good vs. Evil in the world. God vs. Satan. I mean, it's the foundation that everyone could understand. Everyone has an angel or a devil working in their lives, but depends on who listen to. I know that sounds like an old cartoon but its something that everyone can relate to.
Lady Countryrose

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#20 by danielleurban23
» 08 Jan 2017, 11:38

Good and evil will always be the boiling point in real life and in fiction. No character goes without this shadow following them. Ones past can haunt them forever which then can destroy their present and possibly their future. Always go for the good. Because once, one goes to the evil side there is never way out...my past haunts me each day. If I could go back I would try to redo each better.
danielleurban23's Latest Review: "No Light" by Devi Mara
danielleurban23

Favorite Author: Jill Sanders
Favorite Book: No Light
Currently Reading: Home to You
Bookshelf Size: 17 books
2017 Reading Goal: 1000 Books

Previous