Review by eBookreviewer -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Review by eBookreviewer -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by eBookreviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat is a delightful book for children. It is about a cat, called Inca, who wants to be the best detective in the world. As well as Inca, there is a group of cats and dogs that help Inca to solve a mystery "The disappearance of the Ned's will document".
What seems to be a simple case, becomes a extreme adventure, in where Inca puts his own life at risk. Can Inca solve the mysterious disappearance of this document?. Would the other members of the detective agency help Inca to solve it?. And most importantly, will Inca become the kind of detective he dreams of?.

In addition to the entertainment story, we must say that the illustrations that accompany the text are creative. The story itself is fun but the pace of it is very slow. Therefore, the beginning of the book is a bit boring also because there are too many characters. It is not until almost half of the book, when the pace progresses to the point that the intrigue begins.

R.F. Kristi writes with a sort of friendly style. The idea of telling the story in the form of a diary is not bad, however from my point of view, it is a little bit confusing. The way of telling the story is flowing and simple, adapted to the children. We will find some subtle lessons for the children in this book, like how to be kind to each other, helping those in need and so on.

What I don't like about this book is that, I am not sure if I would classify it as a mystery, since there is not much mystery in the development of the story and I had trouble following the story as there are too many characters at the beginning of the book.
What I like is that the writer provides a fantastic synopsis of the book but what I like the most is the illustrations. They are amazing and entertraining.

I give the book 2 out of 4. I don't give 3 or 4 because it hasn't got too much mystery or pace and the plot is a little bit confusing at the beginning. I don't give the book 1 because the illustrations are outstanding and the book is written subtly, with important lessons for the children.
I sincerely believe, Elementary School aged children will like reading this book. I would recommend it for these children, due to the fact that it is very easy to understand.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like eBookreviewer's review? Post a comment saying so!
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

Thank you for this review. I really liked this book. I did love the illustrations.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by eBookreviewer »

Interesting book and helpful review. The illustrations are amazing.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Post by JessNWheeler »

My kids and I enjoyed this book too. It’s a fun and suspenseful fable. I appreciate the themes and lessons of determination and the importance of friendship. Great review!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”