Review by Rosemary Wright -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Review by Rosemary Wright -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Diary of a Snoopy Cat" written by K.F. Kristi, is an exhilarating account of an elated Siberian kitty named Inca. Inca, after coming to London from Paris with her family, fantasizes about becoming a celebrity detective cat. In view of realizing her dream, she decides to get a dairy, to write down her detective and snoopy exploits. One of the themes of this book is the relevance of friendship and loyalty. It's a beautiful thing to be your neighbor's keeper.

Inca's adventures start, one evening, some days before Christmas. She sees a shadow moving outside the window and realizes that the owner of the shadow is none other than her friend, Monk, a blue Russian cat who lives next door with Solo, a world famous detective. Solo has Hobb, his assistant and Terrance, a big dog who helps him in puzzling out cases. Monk has come to tell Inca that Raoul, Polo's missing dad, who went missing while climbing Mount Everest in the Himalayas, has been seen. Polo is a Pekinese doggie, owned by a retired opera singer; she is Raoul's wife. The author highlighted the close relationship, humans have with animals, such as cats and dogs, by making the animals refer to their owners as " mom" or "dad".

The opportunity to rise to stardom arises when Boss, a tough dog; a terror to every cat, who lives down the street to Polo's house, with Mr. Finchley and Ned, comes to Inca and her team for help. Ned is an orphan whom Mr. Finchley takes care of. Mr. Finchley passes away, leaving behind a will, instructing that the house he lived in with Ned and Boss, be given to Ned, and the family business and other properties should be given to Cyril, his nephew. The will, suddenly, gets missing and Cyril claims the house belongs to him, and asks Ned, to move out of the house, in three months. Nosey Inca and her team of furry detectives of "Inca & Company" helps Ned out.

Another amazing theme of the power of love, was explored at the end of the book, when Raoul got out of amnesia, by seeing his beloved Polo, yapping at him. I like the way the main characters were introduced by Inca, at the beginning of the book. It makes it easier, for the readers to relate with the characters, and also, makes the narration easy to comprehend. I also enjoy the humor applied to the animals' thoughts and dialogues, especially, Inca's. I appreciate the author's perfect use of anthropomorphism. She was so good at it that sometimes, I found it slightly difficult to know, if a newly introduced character was a human or an animal. It's alright because the author wanted the book to be a blend of humans and animals.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was written, particularly, for kids, and the themes, the plot, the type size and style and the beautiful illustrations, make it a perfect read for kids.

Finally,I recommend this book for children between ages 5 - 12, and also, for teenagers who still enjoy animal adventure books and watching animated cartoons.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. The author certainly knows her felines! I like how you point the themes of being a good neighbor and showing love. The illustrations were great and added to the story. Thanks for your comments on this book.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
jessica calhoun
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by jessica calhoun »

This book was one of my favorites that I read so far. At first, I thought this book was a mystery. But, I'm going to read book again with my kid.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”