Review by Salsabila -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Salsabila -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Sally_Heart »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Welcome to Raven's peak, where demons are real and are out there to possess and escape from their hell. Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is a paranormal fiction that was published on June 15th, 2016. Arizona and Colorado are the main settings of the book, where the author seems to achieve perfect settings that could support demonic activity.

We are introduced into the story by Arthur Vangeest, a Reverend who seems to be psychotic in his cravings for pain. His ultimate belief is that his pain would atone for his sins. The Reverend is paid a visit in jail by an old friend, Frieda, who informs him of the suspected death of his adopted daughter while asking for his help. Arthur sets out to perceive the situation where he realizes his daughter is actually possessed. He sets his daughter free by luring the demon to possess him while trying to eliminate him for good. Abigail, the reverend's daughter, could barely remember anything when she comes to, only to realize she doesn't have the council's trust anymore.

Haatim Arison, a young rich boy with no apparent job is moping around in Arizona while trying to forget about the faith that he gave up on, his faith in God. Suddenly he is offered a job to stalk a stalker with a murderous intent, he decides that, that is all the excitement he needs and accepts the job. The job exposes him to a demonic world he did not believe to be real. After acquainting himself with Abigail, the woman he was stalking, he is forced into a roller-coaster of events he can not seem to escape. In the process he regains his faith in God which helps him in conquering a demon in the end.

I love how the author sways from the norm, where heroes are mostly men and the ladies; the damsels in distress. Abigail proves to be a headstrong woman who takes rash decisions which adequately help in moving the plot in the correct direction. Haatim is portrayed as an amateur in the demonic world and violence too. He barely knows even the direction in which a gun should be pointed. His reactions to the scenes are understandable and for a guy who had barely little to no action in his life, he is surprisingly strong and has quick recovery. The plot is very much exciting and full of suspense. It gives an adrenaline rush of some sorts for people in love with car chases and fights.

The main theme is eradication of evil while the author; Cole, proves to us that religion has nothing to do with one's morals. Abigail barely believes in Christ and even refuses to call the "evil entities" demons and yet she hunts them and sends them back to their hell. I believe the book has a bit of women empowerment, since both Abigail and Frieda show a rather strong definition to women. Where Abigail was one of the best hunters before possession, she still shows how strong she is by taking action by her own merit even when she knows she would probably land in problems. Frieda is the woman whom the council answers to, where the council is a group of religious leaders that ensure safety against demons. Both ladies portray the strength of a woman.

I would recommend this book to all paranormal lovers and even to those who do not enjoy such genres may find themselves captivated by this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for a plot well developed and an interesting story line. This book is definitely captivating and full of suspense. Congratulations to Lincoln Cole for a book well written.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Salsabila's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for this review. I really like your description of the characters. You included the part about Haatim not knowing how to use a gun - a little bit outlandish! Good job. Thanks.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

I am glad it was to your liking. With people not commenting anything I was worried it was a total failure.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I also really liked that the roles were reversed and Abigail was the fearless heroine. :)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Wow it's an amazing science fiction full of demons. It sounds intriguing. Thanks for this critical review. you can check out my review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”