Review by BunmiJimoh -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BunmiJimoh
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmijimoh.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Review by BunmiJimoh -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by BunmiJimoh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who told you that you were naked? A refreshing reexamination of the Garden of Eden by Williams E. Combs is a non-fictional spiritual genre which reviewed the existence of man from the inception of creation, how sin and death entered the world and the escape from these. It has two hundred and forty two (242) pages with ten (10) chapters.

The error of Adam and Eve, which has put mankind into the dilemma of sin and death, happened in the Garden of Eden as mentioned by the author. The duo went against the divine instruction given to them after creation when they were put in this garden to enjoy themselves and have uninterrupted relationship with God their creator. After going against the instruction, they were aware of their nakedness, chased out of the Garden and curses were placed on them. Stemming from Adam and Eve who happened to be the first mother and father of all creations, these curses were transferred to mankind and this marked the beginning of his toiling. Reasons for the awareness of the nakedness of Adam and Eve and the question ‘who told you that you were naked’ a statement made by God were examined by the author.

Way out of this dilemma, as emphasized by the author is faith through Jesus which requires believe in God and constant walk with Him. There is divine assurance of rest for whoever wants to walk in this way despite all challenges that will be thrown at such individual by the devil. The book proffers solution to how we can overcome the wiles of the devil, the one who originated the fall of man and it also provides step to closer relationship with God.

There are study questions for discussion at the closing of each chapter with references from the Bible that will leave reader pondering and would want to make him learn more, thereby providing a better understanding of the text. Williams also shared his personal experiences and testimonies which attest the fact that he was not giving principles that are not feasible. Rather his testimonies are practical examples that give a better illustration of what is written in the book.

The annotation added at the end of the book by the author is quite instructional and has additional information that gives answers to questions raised in the study questions at the close of each chapter and other questions that might arise while reading the book. Also, in case of further reading, references were made to other books and website which will definitely quench a curious thirst for deeper knowledge in respect to this topic.

The book has really opened my eyes to see more of the mysteries behind the fall of man and the way out but the only thing that would have discouraged me from further reading, if not for patience was the fact that the accounts of what happened in the Garden of Eden were over presented in a short vignette in chapters one and two. I would have preferred that assumption should not be made and the reference to the bible story be presented as it was, this has made me to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. All the same, I had new discoveries and a better understanding of this topic and it is a book I would love to read over again. I therefore recommend this book for whoever wants to know how sin and death entered the world and the way out of eternal death.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BunmiJimoh's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Bunmi, that's a nice review I also reviewed this book earlier and I share in your observations. The author is awesome.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”