Review by rjthegreat92 -- Ever After by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rjthegreat92
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by rjthegreat92 -- Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by rjthegreat92 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ever After" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ever After by H. M. Irwing is a modern day Cinderella story. It tells of romance, drama, and has a prince who is no prince charming. The story revolves around two very different people, who fall in love when love seems out of reach.

Cindy Marshall is an average woman; she has a job, a roommate and is working towards a career. She is determined to make her life her own given the hand she was dealt. Being abandoned by her father and having her mother pass away left her believing there is no such thing as love. All that changes when she meets the dark prince, Julian St John. Julian is a billionaire and Cindy’s boss! He saves her one night and decides that Cindy has to be his. She is then taken on a journey that includes a ball, a rich father, stepmothers and siblings. Can Julian convince Cindy that true love and fairy tales exist? Can they overcome the world they live in to build a new one?

The book Ever After had good qualities and bad qualities. First off, the characters of the book were written well. Every character had his or her own unique personality and their own way of thinking. The descriptions of the places were illustrated enough that I could actually picture them. Another good aspect of the book was the way the author described the dresses and gowns so that I could picture them. I liked how the book was in first person however it made the book feel one sided. Also I felt like Cindy's character could of have more backbone when it came to what she wanted and with decisions that were being made about her life. The book should have had Julian's side of the story and his thoughts as well. The book felt a little rushed at the end and in some parts of the book.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. This book is like Cinderella which in my opinion is over done and out used. It does have different aspects but the gist is the same. There were a few grammatical errors but they were small: a few missing periods and commas.

Overall the book was well put together and entertaining to read. Ever After is a good book and those who like romances will enjoy reading it. Those who believe in happily ever after will really enjoy this book.

Ever After
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rjthegreat92's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”