Review by Christina Rose -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by Christina Rose -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Christina Rose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, From Drift to Shift: How Change Can Bring True Meaning and Happiness to Your Work and Life, is a nonfiction book written by Jody B. Miller. It has the elements of being a self-help book, and is a great motivational tool for any person who wishes to implement a positive shift in his or her life.

The author divides her book into four parts, or sections, with each part further divided into chapters. The first section discusses why we shift; the second part talks about when our shift takes place; the third section goes on to how it is that we shift; and the fourth and final section covers what happens after the shift. The chapters within each part include inspirational stories of individuals who have benefited from the shifts in their lives, and who have each managed to overcome whatever obstacles may have been in the way of true happiness. In discussing these real life examples, the author is able to truly show the reader the immense power of a beneficial shift.

Jody B. Miller does a wonderful job engaging her readers during the depictions of the lives and experiences being shared throughout this book. She writes in such a way as to allow the readers to reflect on these individual stories, in order to get the most out of each one. The stories are supplemented with research and studies, which are introduced smoothly into the text. The author also highlights ideas and takeaways to draw focus to what she feels is important for the reader to think more about and reflect upon.

The author personally interacts with those featured within these stories of inspiration during the interviewing process. Their stories are relatable in nature, and their journeys are presented in a fashion meant to motivate the reader. The reasons for each individual shift is described in detail, and it is pointed out that these changes do not happen overnight. Strength and determination, as well as patience, are necessary to properly foster a positive shift in your life.

I rate From Drift to Shift 4 out of 4 stars. Author Jody B. Miller guides her readers from a less satisfying life, to one full of meaning and purpose. I would recommend this book to anyone trying to reach his or her own true potential, whether in business or in home life. If you need that extra push to stop simply and aimlessly drifting in life, then this book is truly worth reading.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Christina Rose's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I enjoy reading motivational books and this seems like one that will benefit many readers.

Great Review!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Amagine wrote:I enjoy reading motivational books and this seems like one that will benefit many readers.

Great Review!
Thank you! This book really can appeal to various audiences, which is one of the reasons I liked it so much.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

How I hope to read this book soon. I like the real life experiences it contains. Thank you for your review!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Thank you for this very organized review! I have wanted to read the book for a while. I wasn't exactly sure what it is but thanks to your methodological approach, I am going to read this book as soon as possible. Such a great topic!
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:How I hope to read this book soon. I like the real life experiences it contains. Thank you for your review!
Thank you! The real life experiences definitely gave the book a more personal feel to it, and made it even more appealing.

-- 08 Oct 2017, 15:13 --
Doaa Wael wrote:Thank you for this very organized review! I have wanted to read the book for a while. I wasn't exactly sure what it is but thanks to your methodological approach, I am going to read this book as soon as possible. Such a great topic!
It really is a great topic, and one that is always relevant to someone. There is always someone going through a shift in life who can benefit from this book. I hope you enjoy it, if you're able to read it. Thank you for your thoughts!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I do sometimes feel like I'm drifting right now. I sure could use a push in the right direction. Maybe I should pick this one up. Thanks for another great review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

kandscreeley wrote:I do sometimes feel like I'm drifting right now. I sure could use a push in the right direction. Maybe I should pick this one up. Thanks for another great review.
I think we could all use a push every now and then. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it, and that it helps in any way you need. The personal accounts and stories can be pretty uplifting. Thank you!
sj_robert
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sj-robert.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by sj_robert »

I am a strong car enthusiast and from the title, I thought it was about vehicles. Great review, I've not read a motivational book before might just start with this one.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

Just a mere look at the cover has continued to beckon me. The review is a great help. I sure will add it to my shelve.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I've read and reviewed this book as well, and I'm glad that you liked it too. I really found it awesome. Great review, Christina Rose.
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

sj_robert wrote:I am a strong car enthusiast and from the title, I thought it was about vehicles. Great review, I've not read a motivational book before might just start with this one.
I can definitely see where you would get the impression this was a book about vehicles. ? If you read the book, I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for stopping by!

-- 09 Oct 2017, 23:19 --
meteku4 wrote:Just a mere look at the cover has continued to beckon me. The review is a great help. I sure will add it to my shelve.
Thank you for stopping by to read my review. If you have a chance to read the book, I hope you enjoy it!

-- 09 Oct 2017, 23:20 --
kislany wrote:I've read and reviewed this book as well, and I'm glad that you liked it too. I really found it awesome. Great review, Christina Rose.
Thank you! I'm glad you found it enjoyable as well!
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I've also read and reviewed this book and I agree with your perfect rating. I found Manoj' archetypes very intriguing.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Nice review, though not my genre of choice. I'll keep my distance from this one.
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

juliusotinyo wrote:I've also read and reviewed this book and I agree with your perfect rating. I found Manoj' archetypes very intriguing.
I'll have to check out your review as well. Thank you for stopping by mine!

-- 11 Oct 2017, 10:49 --
ReviewerDiksha wrote:Nice review, though not my genre of choice. I'll keep my distance from this one.
It's not the genre for everybody, but if you're ever in the market, this is a good one. The author does well to appeal to a wider audience, instead of only business people, certain denominations, etc. Thank you for stopping by to check out my review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”