Review by Shrebarsa -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shrebarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrebarsa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Shrebarsa -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Shrebarsa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like someone is following you? What if someone keeps a track of your details? Creepy. Isn’t it? The 11:05 Murders is the second instalment in The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries by Brian O’Hare, author of The Doom Murders.

The book opens with a function going on in Queen’s University back in the year 2002 where, Lynda Bell, a blond and beautiful girl is brutally tortured and raped by three young fellows of the same University, one of them being the captain of the debating team.

The story now shifts to twelve years later, in 2014. Woman Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart has been recently transferred to Strandtown Police Station under Chief Inspector Sheehan. During this period she meets her lawyer Mr. Robert Turner, who shows a strange inclination towards WDS Stewart. While back at the office, Stewart starts off a healthy friendship with Detective Tom Allen.

Everything goes on well when, a murder takes place in the most mysterious way. Consecutively, two more murders take place within the two consequent weeks in a similar manner. At first, the murders seem different but soon everyone starts believing WDS Stewart’s theory of serial killer. The officials work smoothly on the case when suddenly, WDS Denise gets a mystery informant who helps her out giving clues about the case.

The brewing closeness between Detective Tom Allen and WDS Denise Stewart is well observed by all. While Mr.Turner’s growing inclination towards WDS Denise Steward also does not go unnoticed. All goes well when suddenly, Detective Allen is attacked twice and WDS Denise notices a strange but dangerous stalker. At first, everyone ignores but once Detective Allen is attacked to death, everyone gets concerned for bot Detective Tom as well as WDS Denise. All hells break loose when WDS Denise Stewart gets kidnapped.

Who is this mystery informant? Why is Detective Allen being attacked frequently? Who is WDS Denise Stewart’s stalker? Who killed the three people? Are all the murders linked to Lynda Bell’s twelve year old case?

The book is very interesting and I personally have become a big fan of Brian O’Hare. His writing skills are awesome and he manages to keep the readers glued till the end of the novel. Moreover, he even keeps up the suspense of the murdered till the end of the story. It is only at the end of the book that Inspector Sheehan throws some light on the case. Inspector Sheehan’s character is more like Sherlock Holmes who doesn’t miss out any minute detail while Detective Allen carries the nature of Dr. Watson.

Unlike all other books, The 11:05 Murders is completely different and an intriguing story. Moreover, I loved the way the author develops a sweet yet matured relationship between WDS Stewart and Detective Allen, yet he does not let it overshadow the main theme of the story. It would be very wrong to point out any flaws with the writing skills of the author. There were very few minute typing errors which I guess can be overlooked when it comes to such a great story. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars as I find it really interesting. I would recommend this book to people of all ages as there are no steamy erotic scenes in the novella.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Shrebarsa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”