Review by EmunahAn -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Review by EmunahAn -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reading From Drift to Shift for me came particularly at an opportune time. Lately, I have been feeling as if I am just drifting through life and I desperately require shifting into doing what I love. Simply put, shifting from survival to thriving. In her book, From Drift to Shift, Jody B. Miller aims to equip readers through stories that enable them to make the right transformation in their lives, fill them with inspiration and give them the ability to achieve their lives’ dreams.

The book begins with an important question: Why Shift? Jody B. Miller starts by explaining why shifting is required for anyone. I thought the starting of the book was on point since the reader has to understand why they need to shift before embarking on the shifting process.

The author includes inspirational accounts from people who have made timely shifts in their lives and have lived to enjoy the benefits of these changes. I truly loved the inclusion of these stories as they portrayed the practicality of the message and the themes contained in the book. In addition to this, the book includes questions and appendices that are supplementary to the basic narration of the book.

One of the things that stand out in the book is the author’s inclusion of her experiences. Most non-fiction books usually feel like a list of dos and don’ts but Jody B. Miller puts a stamp of herself in the book. By giving the reader a glance of her own life, the reader is able to relate to her more closely.

Through reading the book, the reader will learn how to be happy in their work by defining who they truly are and what they are passionate about. They will also learn how to manage external pressure and not let it dictate their everyday lives. Everyone deserves to be happy and it is always worth it to pursue your dreams, find true meaning in life and discover true uniqueness within yourself and From Drift to Shift helps the reader achieve this.

The book is of non-fiction genre with the author placing emphasis on helping the reader make important life decisions that relate to change. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It contains close to no errors and reading it helped me to assertively make important shifts in my life. I recommend the book to anyone who feels that they need to make a change in their lives and may not know how.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

i agree with you. i also reviewed this book. You got the main points. the author really encourages to make a good shift in it's proper time. thanks Emunahan
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by EmunahAn »

jeminah28 wrote:i agree with you. i also reviewed this book. You got the main points. the author really encourages to make a good shift in it's proper time. thanks Emunahan
Thank you for your remarks. From Drift to Shift was an inspiring book. I am definitely thinking of doing a bit of shifting myself.
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”