Review by Harley1984 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harley1984
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=28294">A Discovery of witches</a>
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley1984.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by Harley1984 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harley1984 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Follow the detectives of the B District Serious Crime Division, in The 11:05 Murders by Brian O’Hare, as they work to unravel the mysteries surrounding the murders of several individuals who are all murdered on the same day of the week and at the same time. You will get insight from multiple people, including the killer, without giving away who it is. It reminds me of the game Clue, where you are given clues to who the killer is, but no one who it is until the end. Well, in this case until close to the end of the story.

.This is not your average “I have a few minutes to read here and there book,” this is your “I have an afternoon and want to read a thrilling mystery” type of book. It is a great read from cover to cover. There were a couple of times that it was easy to get lost, so you have to go back and read certain areas again. Which is one of the reasons, you have to have the time to sit back and read the story to enjoy it.

I did not like how it jumped back and forth between characters without warning. On the same note, I do love a book that gives you different perspectives. It took me some time to get into the book, it was a hard to follow in some areas.

However, having a different perspective is always a great way to write a book. It gives you, the reader, a chance to understand and connect with more than one character. So, even though at some points it was hard to follow I like to know what the characters are thinking and a little about each one. I love how you get to know the each detective on a personal level, and you get an idea what their outside relationships are like. Something most books lack.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was well written and well edited. The story was Captivating and everything I would expect in a mystery book. If you like reading murder mystery books this book will THRILL you and keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the book.

So, if you have an afternoon to devote to a new book, and are looking for a new murder mystery. Well, then this the book for you. It has everything a person could in a book. Great character development, amazing plot, and a whirlwind story that have you MESMERIZED.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Harley1984's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Murder, crime, and horror excite me. But they should remain fictional haha.

You got me with mesmerized, Harley1984!
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I keep passing this book up, but I now think that this is one I need to grab and dive into! The genre is definitely one of interest to me! Well done!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Great review! I liked how he chose to jump between different character's perspectives, but I agree with you, I didn't really like how he employed the technique. It could be very abrupt and confusing at times. It was a great read though!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”