Review by Nina Butler -- Escape by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nina Butler
Currently Reading: rubies
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-butler.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by Nina Butler -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post by Nina Butler »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape by Belle Ami is a story of love and espionage. It is a story about Cyrus and Layla. Couple that didn’t mean to fall in love, but did. Layla is a student that ends up going to the Middle East. Cyrus is a spy that ends up being Layla’s protector while she is in the Middle East. They go through many things that try and prevent them from getting to Israel. There are many twists and turns along the way that brings them back to the incredible resolution that concludes their story.

Belle Ami has created a story that is well written and has a complete story arc. The characters are well developed. Each character has their own story arc that comes full circle by the end of the novel. The plot was well thought out and very well put together. Belle Ami is a master of the love story and spy novel.

I liked that the story wasn’t all about their love story. There was also the side of Layla’s father Aleck that brings the story more to life because you get to see all sides of the story. I also like that there is a change in the point of view that gives the reader a more well-rounded view of the story. The thing that I liked the most was the way that Cyrus resisted falling in love but eventually gave in. He was resistant because of his past, but Layla gave him hope that made him a better man in the end.

I didn’t like that the characters had to go through all the problems that they did. I know that this was part of what made the story great, but I didn’t like feeling the way that all of their trials made me feel. I didn’t like the fact of what goes on in the Middle East in this story. It was my least favorite thing about this story. I didn’t like the violence that was scattered throughout the story, even though it made the story better.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason that I give the book this rating is that it was so well written and gives the reader hope. Belle Ami gives the reader a complete love story that makes you feel satisfied with the ending. If you like romance and spy novels than this book is for you. If you don’t like espionage and love stories, then this book is not for you. This book is for readers seventeen and older.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Nina Butler's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”