Review by Kyle789 -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by Kyle789 -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Kyle789 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reading Apollo’s Raven was a good experience. The book has been expertly structured, knowing when to start the climax, moving through the scenes one paragraph at a time. The author wrote the book in a way that the sentences just flow and give the reader the best experience.

Apollo’s Raven is about the Celtic civilization and its struggle to avoid a war with the ancient Roman Empire. The story has a mix of romance, mystery, action and drama with ancient mythology. Bringing these genres together, the author made Apollo’s Raven a book of great interest to me, being a fan of ancient cultures myself.

The story centres on the Celtic princess Catrin in her fight to save her kingdom and discovering her feelings with the Marcellus, a Roman. In a web of lies, deceit and political agendas, the two forbidden lovers must forge their path even it means going against their respective families to stay alive.

The author gives the point of view of other characters, in doing so it gave me as a reader a better insight into what will be happening or what was being kept from the main characters. These point of views where written also to flow from scene to scene as not to confuse readers on when the scene is taking place.

My interest in ancient history was the forerunner to me wanting to read this book. I never looked too much into the Celtic civilization as much as I did with Ancient Egyptian or Greek. This was a new learning curve for me and I learnt something new about the ancient cultures.

The way the book was structured gave it a mysterious take in the beginning when a number of things are said and done that leave you wondering what’s going on. At stages in the book I couldn't stop reading, wanting to find out more of why things were happening.

There isn't much to criticize about Apollo’s Raven. The book is overall a great book and if you’re a fan of mystery and forbidden love this would be a good book to read. I would happily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Apollo's Raven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kyle789's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I started reading it and lost interest after few pages
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Ezekielafog12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Ezekielafog12 »

Good,what i really like about this book is the ancient history,well Good job

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”