Review by myprecious -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
myprecious
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-myprecious.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Review by myprecious -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by myprecious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Title : Yesterday
By: Samyann

Yesterday is a history/fiction back in American Civil war in the 1870s.

Yesterday is a story of a classic romance between a handsome Chicago policeman and the beautiful lady whom, in her attempt to save his life nearly cost hers. She believed she knew him the first time she looked into his eyes. There is some kind of connection between them that they are determined to find out in the succeeding chapters.

In addition to the sweet romance of the main characters, their quest to that connection which they believe they have becomes so intense with the help of significant characters in the story.

The story is kind of refreshing to those who loves history and how it is connected to the resent time make it informative and at the same time entertaining.

I agree with the author that this is a novel of reincarnation while I was reading it. But as I drew nearer to the end where they almost have the answers to their quest, I debated if this is really is carnation or Mark and Amanda are descendants of the characters perished back in the American Civil war.

I was surprised that the book was allowed to be published when it looks like more of a draft. Typographical errors are almost found on every other pages. Examples are:
However, I will still give 3 out of 4 stars the characters are easy to relate with. I did not give it a 4 because of many typographical errors. I did not give it a 2 because the story is beautifully crafted and is captivating. What I really like in the story is Mark being persistent and determine of his love for Amanda in an arrogant manner that one would never despise but rather tolerate.

Stories like this is always timeless and is recommended for all generations. A must read book for everyone, after going through a professional editor that is.

Summary:

Yesterday is a romantic tale of Mark and Amanda who believes they are reincarnation from the characters back in 1870s civil war inAmerica. As their quest about to unfold their connection, Amanda becomes terrified that she will also lose Mark just the way she lose everyone she loved from her poignant yesterday.

Blurb:

Captivating and entertaining at the same time. I cannot put it down as it draws near to the end. The author vividly picture each scene as in watching a movie.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like myprecious's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”