Review by ROSEMARY OKOKO -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by ROSEMARY OKOKO -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

BOOK BLUEPRINT
BY JACQUI PRETTY

Jacqui Pretty, the author of Book Blueprint is the founder and head editor of Grammar Factory. This is a writing company that also does editing and coaching to help entrepreneurs write awesome books. This book guides authors to write a good book that will not be put down by the readers after reading a few chapters. The author stresses on having the right idea, structure, content and language to write a good book. When writing a book, the author should consider meeting a burning issue or solving a thorny problem. To write an interesting book, one should have passion, knowledge and be able to talk about the readers’ needs. This is what Jacqui Pretty calls, ‘finding the sweet spot’. The author should know who their target readers are, what their greatest problems and desires are and what they are really writing about. If for example the book is on how to save photos, talk about the importance of the problem and how to solve it. The author gives an example of a lady who went on holiday, took photos and saved them on the hard drive. When she got home, she discovered that she had lost all her photos. To capture the interest of the readers, let them want to know more as they would already have visualized this happening to them and they will need to know what should to be done to avoid it.

This awesome book covers how to write different types of books such as ‘how-to’ book, memoir, interview book, the thought leadership book and the list book. The author-ity authors are those who have already succeeded in writing awesome books and are looked up to by the wannabes. The wannabes should learn to write awesome books with each chapter of their book being written as a mini book with sub-topics. Before writing a book it is advisable to test the idea in a group to see the reaction, for example, by posting it in a group discussion. This is to avoid writing a book that will leave readers frustrated and unfulfilled. Readers will expect what was promised in the beginning. These are burning desires and solving issues. It is important to develop a mind map which is a diagram to record and organize one’s ideas. This makes the writing process simple. This book is basically a guide on how to turn your mind map into a blueprint. It is a matter of involving your readers with a view of making them want to read more.

This book is very easy and enjoyable to read. The author dares us to magnify any errors in the book. I perused the contents of the book and did not see any errors. This book has undergone professional editing. The chapters are well defined and separated.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would have rated it higher if there was a higher rate. This book is perfectly written with no mistakes at all. I recommend this book.

I recommend this book to all wannabes. If the steps in this book are followed then the author will produce an awesome book that will keep the readers engrossed in the book and finishing it feeling fulfilled.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like ROSEMARY OKOKO's review? Post a comment saying so!
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

This is a great book. I've also read the book and i agree with your rating.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you juliusotinyo for reading and commenting. I found the book very helpful.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I'll have to pick this book one of these days, from the reviews I've read about it surely has great points.
Great review.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you goeffrey for reading and leaving a comment. Some readers have complained that the copies they downloaded had errors. I was lucky to get a copy after the author had done some professional editing. The book is very helpful. Hope you'll like it.
geoffrey ngoima

Rosemary Okoko wrote:Thank you goeffrey for reading and leaving a comment. Some readers have complained that the copies they downloaded had errors. I was lucky to get a copy after the author had done some professional editing. The book is very helpful. Hope you'll like it.
I hope so too,
you're welcome.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Let me know when you've read it. Thanks.
geoffrey ngoima

Rosemary Okoko wrote:Let me know when you've read it. Thanks.
I will, you're welcome
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I am looking forward to a day when several authors will say that they read this book and their work is as a result of its motivation.
I am hoping to be one of them as I also read and reviewed it.
I hope you are also thinking the same.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Actually, by reading this book, one can become an author. I will definitely refer to it when i'll decide to start writing. I agree with you Paul78. Thanks for your comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”