Review by Nthabeleng -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nthabeleng
Currently Reading: Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nthabeleng.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Nthabeleng -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Nthabeleng »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? A Refreshing Reexamination of the Garden of Eden is a nonfiction Christian book written by Reverend William Combs. Reverend Combs writes about the origin of sin and the meaning of nakedness by using Genesis the first book of the Bible. He paints a beautiful picture with his words as he talks about where and how things were situated in the garden of Eden, " come with me I will show you a marvelous place I have prepared for you".

The first chapter made me feel like I'm in the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, while reading the book I felt like I was witnessing every event that took place in the garden, I also felt like I knew Adam and Eve personally because Reverend Combs wrote a detailed fictional description of their characters, personality, emotions and mind sets. He explained their relationship with the Lord, the snake and their surroundings. The way Reverent Combs brings the story to life is amazing.

He highlights the fact that Adam and Eve were naked before they ate the forbidden fruit and that they were not ashamed, he explains why after they ate the forbidden fruit they saw each others nakedness and were ashamed. Reverend Combs uses scriptures from the Bible to break down the meaning of nakedness to help the reader to see sin in a different point of view, he uses a lot of Apostle Paul's writings to illustrate hearing God, real faith and righteousness. He shows the battle between good and evil and how Jesus Christ conquered sin.

In this book Reverend Combs compares the events in the garden of Eden with today's situations giving a clearer understanding of the Bible. In chapter 8 he writes about the difficulties he faced while he was writing the book which made the book even more intriguing. I really enjoyed reading this book because it's upbeat an interesting but the questions at the end of every chapter ruins the mood of the book, even though the questions are very helpful I think the book would be better with the questions at the end of the book to keep the pace of the book.

I recommend this book to all Christians that wants to grow spiritually, have a better understanding of the Bible and a yearning for a strong relationship with the Lord. I also recommend it to nonbelievers so that it can help them realise the truth about God and help them build a relationship with God and have faith in God. In the words of Reverend Combs "Faith is the requirement for entry".
This book helped me search deep in my heart and practice my faith in the Lord.

I give Who Told You That You Were Naked 4 out of 4 stars. The book is well written, interesting, insightful, intriguing, informative and enjoyable. The only thing I don't like about the book is where the questions are placed but that's not a deal breaker.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nthabeleng's review? Post a comment saying so!
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Thanks for your review. I was curious about what this book would be like. It sounds more informative than preachy, which is always a good thing in my books.
peace starts with a smile...
Nthabeleng

Post by Nthabeleng »

Thank you Snowflake
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I became a little lost with all the different references to Biblical stories here. It was probably because I don't know all of them, but it definitely seemed like a well-thought-out book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Nthabeleng

Post by Nthabeleng »

It would have been helpful to refer to the Bible just to be on the right track. Thank you hsimone
ruthkirira
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthkirira.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by ruthkirira »

It is definitely a book for all those who want to grow spiritually.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
CassyS
Currently Reading: Trauma Stewardship
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassys.html
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre

Post by CassyS »

I've had this on my bookshelf and have been putting it off for a while. Non-fiction has never been a genre I've been interested in, but it sounds like it is a very engaging read, especially if you felt a spiritual connection to what he was writing about. I might have to move it up a little higher on my list and give it a chance! Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Your review helped me a lot to decide to read it. Very nice review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Nthabeleng

Post by Nthabeleng »

Thanks guys... You will enjoy it @Darakhshan Nazir. Yes it is @ruthkirira. I hope you get to read it @CassyS.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This book makes the Adam and Eve story even more interesting, and the cause and effect of original sin more relatable. I am eager to read what Revd. Combs has to say. Thanks for your thorough review, Nthabeleng!
testing123456
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by testing123456 »

Good review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”