Review by Kiisme -- Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unex...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kiisme
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =52409">12 Shades of Surrender</a>
Currently Reading: An Accidental Affair
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiisme.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Kiisme -- Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unex...

Post by Kiisme »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raquel Says
by Mois Benarroch

In Mois Benarroch novel Raquel Says is about a parallel universe. Do they really exist? What if there is someone somewhere doing the same exact thing at the same time as you. Well this novel gives an interesting example of an encounter with Raquel. In this self-reflection on failure and how one thinks and behaves when they fail at something was intense. However, when you look beyond all this you realize Mois is really looking for love.

Mois version of love exists in a parallel universe where Raquel his soul mate is doing the exact same things that he is doing. He hopes their worlds would collide, because his love for Raquel is what he wants it to be. However if their worlds were to collide what would this mean on their current relationships; what are the implications for them both and anyone else that might be involved.

I like that this novel Raquel Says is a short one. I must say interestingly though the character Mois travels his name also seems to go on an adventure with him. I really did not like this novel as Mois seems to be at war with himself. He doesn’t seem to take criticism every well regardless of whether it’s a good one. As a matter of fact he seems to be in constant turmoil with his thoughts to say the least.

I rate Raquel Says 2 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it 1 star because it is an interesting book just that I am not familiar with this style of writing. I also did not rate it 3 stars because it was a very difficult book to read. This book might not be suitable for a younger audience. However it would appeal more to a more mature audience. This book was not one of favourite read it was depressing.

I only found one error. I believe there is a spelling error otherwise the book is error free. I would say this novel is most appropriate for someone who is a literature major and might have a better understanding of the writing techniques. Hats off to Mois because this is a complicated book to write and read. I had to make extra effort just to keep track of what I was reading. I must say it was an interesting read. I give Raquel Says 2 out of 4 stars.

Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kiisme's review? Post a comment saying so!
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Very interesting review. What would you say was the highlight of the book?
Kiisme
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =52409">12 Shades of Surrender</a>

Post by Kiisme »

We all are looking for love, in form or another.
Kiisme

Post by Kiisme »

Some of us are lucky to find it earlier in life, than some.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”