Review by k2rugman -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Review by k2rugman -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by k2rugman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E. Tavel, MD is an educational book that delves into the complicated and often misunderstood world of health and wellness. This book is divided into three sections. In the first section, Tavel dedicates several chapters to doling information on viable health and wellness tips. This section includes information from various foods to avoid to how sleep habits can help or hurt your overall health.

In the second section, the author addresses several myths that people have believed about health and wellness for many years. He describes what the myth is and then provides a detailed evaluation of its validity. He discusses concerns about energy drinks, genetically modified food, food allergies, and more.

The third section is comprised of various tricks seen in the health and wellness field. He warns of false cures and health supplement scams that thousands of people have fallen victim to.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I do not generally read this type of non-fiction book but I am glad I did. This book was filled with valuable information that I did not know I needed to know. I thought the first section on tips was particularly applicable to my lifestyle. It encouraged me to make some changes in my diet without condemning me for eating poorly.

Tavel was humorous in his writing which made reading about difficult medical terminology more enjoyable. I appreciated that he did not sugar coat his advice and findings. He used correct terminology which while it may be difficult for some people to follow, he summarizes his thoughts in an easy to understand conclusion at the end of the chapters. The author includes many footnotes to tests and research performed by other medical professionals and institutions to back up his findings. This added a higher level of trust in what I was reading.

I give Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E. Tavel, MD 4 out of 4 stars. I saw no need to give it anything less than four stars. The book was well written with valid information. The chapters were written directly to the point which made it easier to understand. The divisions of sections and chapter headings made it easy to find specific information a reader was looking for rather than being buried in pages of irrelevant notes. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking advice or information on health and wellness. There are ample questions about gluten diets, vaccine safety, and detoxification validity. This book addresses so many of the mainstream health concerns that I feel readers will find the answers to a lot of the questions they might have.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves

Like k2rugman's review? Post a comment saying so!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I like how informative, yet humorous this book turned out to be. I saw this on the list and wasn't sure how I felt about it, but I'm glad that it turned out to be a good read. Thank you for the great review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Thanks for the very informative review. Now I can't wait to get hold of this book. I wonder how unhealthy my diet and lifestyle are haha.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

Haha I felt the same way about this book. I was worried about how poorly I was eating. It's a good motivator to change!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”