Review by Greeneyes13 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Greeneyes13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 28013">The Lottery Winner</a>
Currently Reading: Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greeneyes13.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Review by Greeneyes13 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Greeneyes13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday, by SamyAnn is a historical fiction that integrates the controversial topic of past life experiences, which can directly affect the present life of people like Amanda, the main character. She believes that her destiny is to suffer constantly the loss of all the people who dare to become intimately close to her, and is determined to shut them out. With this she tries to avoid, the inevitable tragedies that have followed her throughout life. Romance is present, but in a way that helps the reader experience the growing feeling of two souls connecting to each other closely. After saving the life of a police officer named Mark, she is troubled by the intriguing chimes of an old clock, which in some way seems to bring them slowly close to each other.

Despite the romantic encounters between Amanda and Mark, in no way it is the typical intimacy and physical contact that are present in most love stories. Together they become engaged into an adventurous quest to find the truth that links their lives together with this old clock. SamyAnn actually seems to tantalize the reader, intensifying the need to satisfy the thirst of wanting to reveal more of their relationship. The topic of regression to past lives is tastefully introduced through hypnosis. This is performed by her god mother Mary, who happens to be a psychiatrist. She uses this technique, which is sometimes used in therapy, to help patients overcome, certain fears, anxieties and depression to help Amanda find the source of her troubles in past lives. It is during these sessions that history comes alive.

SamyAnn skillfully presents historical events so vividly that one could actually feel the intensity, hate and desperation of those living the horrors of the Civil War, as well as the Chicago Fire, events that are a part of Amanda’s past life. Although Yesterday is a work of fiction, the author presents various factual events that feed the readers desire to check out the sources used, in order to verify the accuracy of certain major events, lived by Amanda during the sessions.

To be honest, the beginning of the story is a little confusing. The events happen so quickly, that I thought reincarnation was present from the moment Amanda is startled by the screeching sound of the train and like a flash of thunder, becomes a heroine. After the initial confusion, I completely connected to the story.

I enjoyed it so much that without a doubt in my mind I rate this book with a score of 4 out of 4 Stars. I must warn those who read this extraordinary story; Yesterday, will keep you up all through the night. Although It becomes so difficult to stop reading, it will be wise to keep the expectation, and savor this novel leaving some parts for the next day. It will give you something to look forward to. History, romance, adventure and hope are all intertwined in Yesterday, I am certainly looking forward to reading more of SamyAnn’s stories.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Greeneyes13's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”