Review by Amcdanel86 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga bo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Review by Amcdanel86 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga bo...

Post by Aohanlon86 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty. The Genre is Sci-Fi/Fantasy. The page count is 282 standard pages (250 words per page). The day starts out like any other. Then a tremendous boom shakes the whole building. From that moment on the world is not the same.

This book is about a young women whose day starts out with a marriage proposal. Then her whole world crashes down around her. The crystal is stolen and her planet is crashing and shaking to pieces around her. The young women escapes on a special ship that her grandfather had made her. Now the young women must decipher the prophecy to save the galaxy.
The prophecy: Six crystals in evil’s grasp: one lone exile with fury’s wrath. Four you need from thirteen: four heroes of faith and belief. The warriors of nobility, descended from the line of kings. Strength and prowess he commands from his frozen homeland. A philosopher whose wisdom all need; knowledge and learning are his deeds. A scholar of myth and history will guide you on this journey. The inventor with guided skills, machines and mechanics fulfill his days; all of which shall prove most useful in the darkest grooves, and the ones who loves when all is lost; do not let timidity blind you and deceive, for he shall bear the highest cost. Blood ties that run deep, Blood shared from conflict reaped. Traitors they were called. Heroes they are all.
The characters are: Rynah is a security officer that works in a geo-lab. She is full of life and anger. She is upset at her planet being destroyed. She moves forward with the four in the prophecy. They start their quest searching for the other crystals. Solon is a scribe from earth 751 B.C. This young man was directed to be a scribe instead of the warrior because he is a slender timid man. While on their quest he starts training with Alfric and Brie to become a stronger man. Solon favorite past time is having his nose in a book and always learning. He is the philosopher from the prophecy. Alfric is a Viking King from the year 1163. Alfric is strong and compassionate leader. He encourages Brie to do her best and stop being afraid. He is the warrior from the prophecy. Brie Reynolds is teenage girl from 2014. Brie is a meek and mild person. She afraid to stand up for herself. Brie studies with Alfric on how to be brave and fight back. Brie is the lover from the prophecy. Tom Sanderson is an inventor from 2099. He is second in command to Rynah. He has a curious mind. He is always touching and exploring. Unquestionably he is the inventor from the prophecy. Solaris is the spaceship. Solaris has spunky personality. She makes sure Rynah stays on track and treats her companions well. She does not take any attitude. Klanor is the ex-fiancé and bad guy. Klanor destroys his home world. He is collecting the 6 crystal to make a weapon.

There is a lot about this book that I like. I like how the author describes the small details like a character having highlights or the pings against the ship. The story takes you to different planets that I have never imagined. Example a planet with giant meat eating plants and people who learn to live there. There is another planet of just water. I liked how each character has defined personalities.

This book has very little I don’t like. I do not like the sad endings that are left in chaos. I realize that there is another book and that the heroes still have a chance to win. I am not a fan of stories being left of in chaos.

Overall the book is fantastically written. I like the adventure. The author keep the story moving all the way till the end. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I don't chaotic endings.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Amcdanel86's review? Post a comment saying so!
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”