Review by Moniquejm -- The Bonding by Imogen Keeper

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Review by Moniquejm -- The Bonding by Imogen Keeper

Post by Moniquejm »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Bonding is a story of a woman who wanted to save her people and a love story of two people who came from different tribes with different beliefs. The book is classified as romance, a genre I am interested in. The first character in this book is Nissa, a beautiful princess and the Quen-designate of Triannon. She lost everything when alien slavers invaded her planet and witnessed the torturing, executing, suffering and death of her people. Hundred lives of their tribe including Princess Nissa, King, Queen, and mostly unmarried females in their tribe were launched into space in a cryo-pod hoping and having faith to the Goddess that someone will find them and bring help to their tribe.

The second character is Tam, a hard and brutal warrior of Tribe Argentus. His luck changed when he found the frozen woman- Nissa, and he felt attracted to her immediately. Nissa suffered from severe hypothermia or called the “blue-tinge.” The healer advised Tam to save Nissa by using his serum, or “bonding with her.” “Bonding” is the only way to save her life. Tam did not want to take advantage of her situation but when Nissa opened her eyes and looked at him, part of him had died and he won’t forgive himself if something happened to Nissa.

While reading the book, I felt mix emotions like irritation, frustration, hope, love, and happiness because of the different scenarios and events that really touched and affect my senses. I like the character of Nissa in this story because her personality is strong and very inspiring. She is willing to do anything with honor and determination to save her people whatever consequences it may bring. She also shows a good example and unselfish leader in this story. Moreover, I admire the character of Tam because he still supported and protected Nissa despite the King of Triannon disliked him for his daughter.

What I dislike in the book is the use of the word “****” and “mate.” For me, the words are not appropriate to use if two creatures love and respect each other. Overall, I appreciated and enjoyed reading the book because I learned some lessons and I was able to relate to some events from the story.

Lastly, I rate The Bonding 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book for those readers who are interested in science-fiction romance but be warned that the book has mature content.

The Bonding
View: on Bookshelves

Like Moniquejm's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Congratulations on such a well-written review! Nissa seems like a strong character. She seemed to care a lot about her tribe's welfare.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Very nice review. After reading your review. I also admire the character of Nissa because of the descriptions mentioned about her. :)
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>

Post by Moniquejm »

Thank you for the compliment. I also recommend you read the "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper.

-- 29 Mar 2017, 21:13 --
ellieonline03 wrote:Congratulations on such a well-written review! Nissa seems like a strong character. She seemed to care a lot about her tribe's welfare.
Thank you. I recommend you read the book too.

-- 29 Mar 2017, 21:16 --
michelonline29 wrote:Very nice review. After reading your review. I also admire the character of Nissa because of the descriptions mentioned about her. :)
Thanks for appreciating my review. You can also try reading the book if you have time.
michelonline29
Currently Reading:

Post by michelonline29 »

Moniquejm wrote: Thanks for appreciating my review. You can also try reading the book if you have time.
Your welcome. Maybe I should also give this book a try. :)
MaricelBaby
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Communist Manifesto</a>
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by MaricelBaby »

First thing and foremost, I'd like to congratulate the critiqued person for a very constructive review. The story has proven that love is not a matter of "force" but of "destiny". Despite the differences in life, the two characters had proven that beliefs in life are not the hindrance of loving someone. I recommend this book to those lovers who came to love each other despite life differences. This book is indeed suitable for them!
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

MaricelBaby wrote:First thing and foremost, I'd like to congratulate the critiqued person for a very constructive review. The story has proven that love is not a matter of "force" but of "destiny". Despite the differences in life, the two characters had proven that beliefs in life are not the hindrance of loving someone. I recommend this book to those lovers who came to love each other despite life differences. This book is indeed suitable for them!
Thank you for the compliment. The book is written well by the author. Find time to read the book too.
michelonline29
Currently Reading:

Post by michelonline29 »

This story is exciting to read especially that it is a work of fiction which I am fond of. I would try this one if its available for me.
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

Nice review. I like the character of Tam in this story. He knows how to support and protect and the woman he loves.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

michelonline29 wrote:This story is exciting to read especially that it is a work of fiction which I am fond of. I would try this one if its available for me.
You will really like the story. Please read if you have time..:)

-- 26 Apr 2017, 03:33 --
hailvilla18 wrote:Nice review. I like the character of Tam in this story. He knows how to support and protect and the woman he loves.
Thank you. I agree with you, Tam shows a good character in this story.

-- 28 Apr 2017, 03:54 --
hailvilla18 wrote:Nice review. I like the character of Tam in this story. He knows how to support and protect and the woman he loves.
I recommend you read the book too if you are into the romance genre.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review! I am repelled by the cover of this book but I like the plot.
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

Jaime Lync wrote:Great review! I am repelled by the cover of this book but I like the plot.
Thank you. This is worth reading. I enjoyed reading this one.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Iy sounds like a good book with the genre of fantasy and aspects I like. Great work reviewing it, Moniquejm
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:Iy sounds like a good book with the genre of fantasy and aspects I like. Great work reviewing it, Moniquejm
Thank you. I hope you have a great time reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”