Review by k2rugman -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Review by k2rugman -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by k2rugman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lincoln Cole’s Raven's Peak is a story straight out of a Supernatural episode complete with hunters, the paranormal, salt-shooting-sawed-off-shotguns, and a parent who makes a questionable deal with a demon.

This story is about Abigail, the adopted daughter of an out of practice reverend, who is sent by “the Council” to eliminate sex trafficker and money launderer, George, who is possessed by a demon from the nefarious Ninth Circle. Haatim, a theology graduate, unfortunately gets caught up Abigail’s assignment. Haatim is marked for a grim fate and Abigail has little choice but to save him for his sake and the sake of the world. The assignment escalates out of control and Haatim is unable to return to his normal life.

Various events lead Abigail to be assigned to check out Raven’s Peak: a rundown mountain town that played host to grisly events which, unbeknownst to Abigail, involved Abigail’s past and the disappearance of her father. With Haatim in tow, they discover a violent multi-casualty murder and a young boy possessed by a very powerful demon who is now wrecking havoc on the sleepy town.

Deemed with the task of eliminating this dark figure, Abigail will discover memories buried deep in her mind and Haatim will reveal the truth of his upbringing and tap into a strength he didn’t know he possessed.

I give Raven’s Peak 3 out of 4 stars. The story served for entertainment purposes. I am mildly curious to find out what happens next in the story line and I would recommend it to people who enjoy this type of paranormal horror book. The author served some plot twists that I did enjoy as well. There were, however, some issues. I didn’t feel that there was a lot of depth to the characters. Their back-stories are pretty vague which I’m hoping will become clear in later books. As mentioned, I felt the elements of the story were very similar to the TV show Supernatural which made it feel slightly less original. I also thought Haatim should have been able to utilize his theology knowledge more often. While it does come into play at the end, throughout the book he seems to be very ignorant to what he is dealing with. Despite these shortcomings I enjoyed Raven’s Peak and look forward to finding out what happens next.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like k2rugman's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”